+ Reply to Thread

Text Messaging Method on 7135 for Verizon

Hey all

Listen, Ive been hearing about the 7135 and Im really interested in getting it. I have Verizon and I'll wait till April to get it.

My question is this: Can I text message with the 7135 using T9 or iTap or some kind of predictive input method? I dont want to text message using the stylus, as that is not discreet. I text message in school, work, the gym, even at clubs, and the last thing I want to do is whip out a stylus and write a text in. Especially when Im driving I sometimes text and clearly I cant be holding the phone in one hand and the stylus in the other. With T9 or iTap I can text message with just using one hand and I dont have to look at the screen, and its fast.

I've used search to find the answers but that didnt help. All I found were people talking about Jamie Lee Curtis vs Catherine Zita Jones for like 33 pages. So any help you can give me would be great.

Thanks,

cXn<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I use word complete from the company that wrote jot.

It works in the SMS messaging software to predict words as I enter them into the keypad with one hand. Keypad doesn't seem to be active in palm centric apps though, just phone apps.

Larry
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

This phone is probably not the best for discreet text messages, but I love the "return receipt" like feature that tells me when my texts messages were delivered.

Yeah I figured this phone isnt the best for discreet text messaging, but I figured if there was a better way than using the stylus, then the phone is worth getting. After all, now instead of having a cell phone and a pda, I get them both in one, in addition to the mp3 player, and the use of my SD card.

I have the T720 and was planning on buying a palm pilot seperately, but now I can just get the 7135.

Im not familiar with how Palm Pilot software works tho...are you saying that I can download software from somewhere that lets me use a predictive text entry method? Even if its only for the phone apps, thats fine with me, because thats all I would want it for. If I was doing PDA stuff like appoinments and notes, I'd rather do it with the Stylus.

But I just want to make sure I'm clear with this: I can download software for the 7135 that enables me to use predictive text entry for the phone apps (including text messaging)?

Thanks,

cXn

Originally posted by Crucifixion

But I just want to make sure I'm clear with this: I can download software for the 7135 that enables me to use predictive text entry for the phone apps (including text messaging)?
    WordComplete Version 1.0 works for messaging as well as palm apps.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...ght=text+entry
    Lots of discussion on text entry software on the 7135 found here.

Try fatfinger for text entry.

Interesting...

So do you guys who have the 7135 with a text messaging software, have verizon? If so, where do you buy this software at?

Thanks,

cXn

Originally posted by Crucifixion
    If so, where do you buy this software at?
    We have text "entry" software. The phone comes with messaging software. Click on the links above . Most of the threads have links to purchase.

Oops, I forgot the link. Plus Beryl and I are tied for number of posts.

Palm Gear--Fat Finger Link

Originally posted by pdageek
    Oops, I forgot the link. Plus Beryl and I are tied for number of posts.
    And, not only that, you both registered in Sept 2002!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Can't make the FatFinger installer work on my NT computer. Can somebody post the (unregistered) shareware app, so I can try it? No copyright problem, I think.

That would make us practically brother and sister! Whats up sis?

I've attached the fatfinger program, works fine on Win2000
    Attached Files