+ Reply to Thread

Existing Verizon cust ordering help/advice

I’ve been a Verizon customer for a couple of years now. I need ( ok, want real bad ) the 7135. I want to keep the phone number I have now and I am happy with the plan I have now, although, I am willing to change plans but I need to keep it under $50 a month. I don’t mind ordering from Kyo at get connected and am considering it because of the wait with Verizon.

What do you all suggest? What options do I have or do you think I have?

TIA! And thanks for a great place for info!!!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

You are in a very similar position to my own.

The only way to keep your existing VZW phone number and get a 7135 right now is to order just the phone itself, with no plan, from getconnected. There will be no rebate involved, you will pay the full $699 for the phone. We have confirmed today on the 'Rumors' thread, that the new phones, even if ordered with no plan, still have the VZW logo's and splash screens, etc. They also will have the same VZW-specific firmware versions as the phones that come with a plan from getconnected.

So, when you get the phone, you just call VZW and tell them you want to activate the phone and move your existing phone number over to the 7135. VZW considers this an 'Upgrade'. They will walk you through initializing the phone's ESN number etc. and off you go!

As far as the best plans for under $50, I might suggest the America's Choice plan with 400 anytime minutes, 1000 mobile to mobile minutes, and unlimited nights/weekends for $39.99. Or you can get 500 anytime minutes for $49.99.

As far as data plan goes, the default (and free) option is to just use the QNC network of VZW for data usage. The best you'll get is 14.4kbps throughput, but it might suffice at least for a while. The other options include Verizon's 'Express Network' which has different flavors, but basically means at the very minimum another $35/month added to your voice plan, for up to 10MB of traffic usage per month. Other options exist, but are more expensive. Supposedly, Verizon is going to be releasing some more flexible data/Internet plans when they officially release the 7135 through direct sales channels.

If it helps you any, I finally broke down today, and just ordered the phone full-price from getconnected myself. I too have a phone number that I don't want to part with.

Hope this helps,
    B.

Thanks for the reply.

That is basically the conclusion that I came up with. I am just wondering what pricing Verizon will be at for “our” situation. Looks like $649 from what I am reading from other posts…

I was hoping I could get in on a promo… :awink

Might have to visit www.getconnected.com soon…

Thanks again!

Can't be specific, but I think you'll see a better price than that from Verizon...might be worth the wait...