+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SD card in 7135

SD card in 7135

I posted this earlier but don't see it anywhere. Maybe I forgot to click something. I downloaded a file via Palm to an SD card and card info shows it on the card but neither PalmReader or any other reader on the 7135 shows the doc. Wonder why. If I can't bring it up would like to remove it from the car so can use the space. Need to know how to do this. Any help appreciated. TIA.
    Can email if wish. I have used the Kyocera mp3 desktop to download music to a SD card successfully. Used Palm install for this doc.

digital843@aol.com<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    John R.

do a search on "SD card FAQ". This has been covered multiple time. Also check with the program developer, they might tell you the specific directory to store it in.

surprised I didn't find anything in "search"; first it said the phrase was too short..then I changed it to "Secure Digital card" FAQ and it could not find anything..but thanks for trying.
    John R.

Out of curiosity, I searched on "card FAQ" and voila right on the first page:
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...light=card+FAQ

There are not that many FAQs so if you go to the FAQ section, you can also find what you need quickly.

Happy searching!

Administrator
    in the faq section, the default is set to 30 days, there are more FAQs so be sure and expand your search criteria...

I just reveived my Cruzer (256). The SD card is recognized on my PC but says the disk is write protected. Can't copy files to the SD disk (bmp and jpg). I've moved the write protect tab on the SD card - no change. My OS is Windows XP Pro. Any suggestions? I've searched the forum and don't see anything on this subject.

Originally posted by nuclear_69
    I just reveived my Cruzer (256). The SD card is recognized on my PC but says the disk is write protected. Can't copy files to the SD disk (bmp and jpg). I've moved the write protect tab on the SD card - no change. My OS is Windows XP Pro. Any suggestions? I've searched the forum and don't see anything on this subject.
    I've read all over the place that SanDisk card quality sucks. They have many mysterious problems. I realize that you say it's write protected, but have you tried formatting it anyway?? I'd see if you can return the SanDisk as defective by itself. Then buy a Lexar SD card instead to use with the Cruzer. They are much better quality.
    Michael

DRC
    The SanDisk card has a little slider (white) on it that "locks" it (Makes it read only)
    DRC

The switch on the SD card is not the problem. There is a thread on this "write-protected" issue in the "off-topic -> general discussion" forum. No one has found a solution that works for everyone although some have found workarounds that work for them. I have the same problem (SanDisk 256 + Cruzer) and randomly/rarely I will all of a sudden get write-access to the card through the Cruzer. Very frustratig to say the least...

Originally posted by Michael Rye
    I've read all over the place that SanDisk card quality sucks. They have many mysterious problems. I realize that you say it's write protected, but have you tried formatting it anyway?? I'd see if you can return the SanDisk as defective by itself. Then buy a Lexar SD card instead to use with the Cruzer. They are much better quality.

Thanks for the tip! Trying to get the card to work properly was driving me nuts. SanDisk suggested I return the defective card when I described the symptoms- Done. I bought a Lexar SD card and it works great.

This seems similar to my problem in which I downloaded a file to the Sandisk SD card and card info clearly shows it there but none of the readers on my handheld show it. I used the rest of the space for music and that works fine. (Of course the original text file was installed using Palm Install.) As for Sandisk I bought one of their card readers and it didn't work and had a terrible time getting my money back. They still stiffed me for the postage both ways. Bought an "off brand" reader and it works fine.
    John R.

Originally posted by digital843
    This seems similar to my problem in which I downloaded a file to the Sandisk SD card and card info clearly shows it there but none of the readers on my handheld show it. I used the rest of the space for music and that works fine. (Of course the original text file was installed using Palm Install.) As for Sandisk I bought one of their card readers and it didn't work and had a terrible time getting my money back. They still stiffed me for the postage both ways. Bought an "off brand" reader and it works fine.
    When I bought the Lexar SD card, I also bought a PNY USB Card Reader. The reader is very compact and works great with Windows XP.

If anyone is interested in Sandisk cards or the Cruzer, check out www.sandiskstore.com/kyocera for a discount. You can find the items cheaper on the net, but I thought it was good info. The promotion comes with the 7135 from Verizon.

i just got my cruzer with free sandisk card yesterday and they both seem to work fine. i got it for $66 dollars at club mac. here is a link.
    http://www.clubmac.com/clubmac/shop/...sp?dpno=445222